Signup as a Tutor

As a tutor you can connect with more than a million students and grow your network.

Yoga Studio
Yoga Studio photo

Yoga Studio

136.1 Yoga studio,Ground floor, Old No 30, New No 6, T Nagar, Chennai, India- 600017.

UrbanPro students 1 Student (1 from UrbanPro)

Email Verified

Is this listing inaccurate or duplicate? Any other problem?

Please tell us about the problem and we will fix it.

Please describe the problem that you see in this page.

Type the letters as shown below *

Please enter the letters as show below

Are you Looking to Learn?

Overview

YOGA FOR ALL
136.1 is perhaps, the only place in India, where you have the flexibility of learning yoga from a variety of schools including Hatha, Iyengar, Sivananda,Satyanada Yoga and Power Yoga. Our International and Indian teachers also have the capability of customizing classes according to your health needs.

Address

136.1 Yoga studio,Ground floor, Old No 30, New No 6,

North Crescent Road

T Nagar, Chennai, India- 600017.

Yoga Classes Overview

Yoga Classes

Styles of Yoga

Bikram Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Yoga Meditation, Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Power Yoga, Thai Yoga, Kriya Yoga

Class Location

At the Institute

View all Classes

Reviews (1)

this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message

5.0 from 1 review

5.0/51
M

- by MaryleneLaforet

attended Yoga

in May,2011

posted on 18 Apr, 2016

"I joined the studio in May 2011 and Yoga was new to me or almost. I was immediately seduced by the asana practise and the stretching effects on the physical level. In fact my practise has been based on the body since the last 8 monthes more than on the mind. Nonetheless I am very quickly bored with aerobic classes or fitness for fitness so I am glad yoga has other dimensions. After going to the ashram, I realized the larger picture of Yoga and I am definitly interested to go deeper into my yoga practise nowadays ...(chanting, breating, yoga nidra, meditation) and more importantly I am very fond of the yoga philosophy which gives us a lot of good perspectives in life. - Realize what the term Yoga means and that it is not only practising Yoga (fitness) on the mat or doing asanas while wearing comfortable clothes ... Yoga is a more global concept, it is a philosophy and a discipline also. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON THE MAT TO PRACTISE YOGA=>answer to what is YOGA? - Reco from Swami Satsangi is to apply this particular formula for your day. She answered that when asked the question how to integrate Yoga in our daily life in the city ?80% is karma yoga do your job ( @ office ) with full devotion and strive to achieve perfection the remaining 20% divide between asanas prayanam meditation relaxation chanting and reading philosophical yoga texts.equation applies to my daily life.Experiencing KIRTAN which is chanting. Already Swami Sastangi while coming to Chennai explained the great effect on the mind of chanting mantras ( improve concentration, good effects of vibrations). In fact, I was not very confortable as a foreigner chanting mantras and also I am not religious and I am finding sometimes Yoga too close to hinduism but experiencing kirtan in ashram is almost going to a disco party it is so vibrant and energetic thing ! =>more interest in chanting -in fact the day in the ashram was packed with activities no time to wonder or chilled out hardly and we were able to achieve so much and we were not tired even if we woke up daily at 4 am. That combined with reading a book from Bihar in which they explain the body rhythm and energy level versus day timing.I am more convinced about benefits of getting up early and practising yoga in the morning and trying to apply that to my life in the city.Interacting with the sanyasis was a really good thing. They are smart level headed people who are taking that path and that is really inspiring to see that and to see how energetic and bold they are living the ashram life is actually inspiring and made us reflect on our actions in the city."

Have you attended the class of Yoga Studio? Write a Review

Yoga Studio address

x
Yoga Classes

Styles of Yoga

Bikram Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Raja Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Yoga Meditation, Ashtanga Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Power Yoga, Thai Yoga, Kriya Yoga

Class Location

At the Institute

this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message this is test message

5.0 from 1 review

M

- by MaryleneLaforet

attended Yoga

in May,2011

posted on 18 Apr, 2016

"I joined the studio in May 2011 and Yoga was new to me or almost. I was immediately seduced by the asana practise and the stretching effects on the physical level. In fact my practise has been based on the body since the last 8 monthes more than on the mind. Nonetheless I am very quickly bored with aerobic classes or fitness for fitness so I am glad yoga has other dimensions. After going to the ashram, I realized the larger picture of Yoga and I am definitly interested to go deeper into my yoga practise nowadays ...(chanting, breating, yoga nidra, meditation) and more importantly I am very fond of the yoga philosophy which gives us a lot of good perspectives in life. - Realize what the term Yoga means and that it is not only practising Yoga (fitness) on the mat or doing asanas while wearing comfortable clothes ... Yoga is a more global concept, it is a philosophy and a discipline also. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON THE MAT TO PRACTISE YOGA=>answer to what is YOGA? - Reco from Swami Satsangi is to apply this particular formula for your day. She answered that when asked the question how to integrate Yoga in our daily life in the city ?80% is karma yoga do your job ( @ office ) with full devotion and strive to achieve perfection the remaining 20% divide between asanas prayanam meditation relaxation chanting and reading philosophical yoga texts.equation applies to my daily life.Experiencing KIRTAN which is chanting. Already Swami Sastangi while coming to Chennai explained the great effect on the mind of chanting mantras ( improve concentration, good effects of vibrations). In fact, I was not very confortable as a foreigner chanting mantras and also I am not religious and I am finding sometimes Yoga too close to hinduism but experiencing kirtan in ashram is almost going to a disco party it is so vibrant and energetic thing ! =>more interest in chanting -in fact the day in the ashram was packed with activities no time to wonder or chilled out hardly and we were able to achieve so much and we were not tired even if we woke up daily at 4 am. That combined with reading a book from Bihar in which they explain the body rhythm and energy level versus day timing.I am more convinced about benefits of getting up early and practising yoga in the morning and trying to apply that to my life in the city.Interacting with the sanyasis was a really good thing. They are smart level headed people who are taking that path and that is really inspiring to see that and to see how energetic and bold they are living the ashram life is actually inspiring and made us reflect on our actions in the city."

Have you attended the class of Yoga Studio? Write a Review

Yoga Studio conducts classes in Yoga. It is located in T Nagar, Chennai. It takes Regular Classes- at the Institute. It has got 1 reviews till now with 100% positive feedback.

Share this Profile

Recommended Profiles

Talent Studio photo Ad

Loading...

Talent Studio

Velacheri,Chennai

Highlights of the Talent Studio being easy accessi...

Vijay S photo Vijay S photo Ad

Loading...

Vijay S

Velacheri,Chennai

I have been taking home tuition for students in c...

T E Badri Narayanan photo Ad

Loading...

T E Badri Narayanan

Madipakkam,Chennai

i have ten years experience in teaching yoga

Similar Profiles

MS logo

MS

MS photo T Nagar, Chennai

Free Yoga Training


Sahaja Yoga Venkat Nagar photo

Sahaja in Sanskrit means spontaneous and also born with, Yoga means union with God. The potential to the spiritual awakening...


Bharatiya Yog Sansthan photo

Bharatiya Yog Sansthan

Bharatiya Yog Sansthan photo T Nagar, Chennai

Bharatiya Yog Sansthan (Regd.) came into being on 10th April 1967, it is non-sectarian, social, cultural and non-profit making...


Zorba classes photo

Zorba classes

Zorba classes photo T Nagar, Chennai

Zorba classes, provides toga training classes for all.


lakshmi andiappan yoga logo

lakshmi andiappan yoga

lakshmi andiappan yoga photo T Nagar, Chennai

lakshmi andiappan yoga provides Yoga classes


Isha Foundation photo

Isha Foundation

Isha Foundation photo T Nagar, Chennai

The Isha Institute of Inner sciences is dedicated to raising human consciousness, and fosters global harmony through individual...


Asana Andiappan College of Yoga photo

Our Yoga Centre is located at Anna Nagar, Chennai. We offer regular yoga classes from Monday to Saturday and the timings...


Dr.j.sundaram photo

Dr.j.sundaram

Dr.j.sundaram photo T Nagar, Chennai

Naturopathy and Yoga is a system of working towards the cure of diseases without using medicines. It is an ancient and traditional...


The Art Of Living logo

The Art Of Living

The Art Of Living photo T Nagar, Chennai

The Art of Living is a multi-faceted organisation with one of the largest volunteer bases in the world. The international...


Reply to 's review

Enter your reply*

1500/1500

Please enter your reply

Your reply should contain a minimum of 10 characters

Your reply has been successfully submitted.