Date of Birth : 9th October,1966
Address : 305, Janpriya Apartments, North S,K. Puri, Patna- 800013
Postal Address : 305, Janpriya Apartments, North S.K.Puri, Boring Road, Patna, Bihar
PIN : 800013 India
Hobbies: Playing Chess, Reading Books (Favorite Authors George Bernard Shaw, William Shakespeare, Bankim Chandra, Premchanda) Watching Television (Favorite Channels CNBC, Discovery & History + General Entertainment & News)
Master of International Business Administration (MIBA) from FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY (B.H.U.) in 1995 (First Class)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Physics (Hons.) from Patna Science College, in 1991
Schooling: South Point High School, Calcutta & St. Michaels Patna (Medium of Instruction English)
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
During the last 17 years, worked in Garments & Textile Industry, Print Media and Telecom industries.I am currently in Education Field.Working as Assistant Professor Operations Research in Invertis University Hands on experience on Vendor Management, Production and Inventory Planning, Managing Key Accounts, Developing and Managing Export Business, Formulating strategy for export promotion for garments textile Business. Managed international quality inspection and Project solutions in textiles and telecom industries. Excellent experience in costing and invoicing at both national and international levels, Documentation management for international trade in an ERP environment. Warehouse management and working with C& F agents for the export business. Familiar with export documentation and procedures as well as negotiation with banks. Have worked extensively on different aspects of SAP with SCM & ERP. As also Purchasing (in the telecom industry like that of AC, DG, Battery Bank, SMPS, PIU, PCM, Shelter, Tower material, BTS equipment, Antennae etc) plus EB (electric meter, poles, transformer, cables etc)
• In over seventeen years of working in different industries,have developed a keen understanding of different business procedures and how they impact on the performance of the business. In the role as an Export Manager, was involved in the costing, negotiation with the buyers, production planning, export documentation and dispatch also liasoning with C& F agents for export clearance and with the negotiating banks with regards to L/C. Also worked on identifying suitable business partners around the world after doing intensive country research. These efforts were highly productive as the company was able enter into a dozen new agreements, in a year. In the role as SCM (SAP MM) professional, dealt with vendor development and management, warehouse management, movement of goods within plant/outside plant and the documentation requirement and the regular audits conducted in the SCM department.
• Different aspects of SAP MM module
• Detailed knowledge of MS Excel and word with ability to do MM and SCM with the same.
• Extensive experience in quality, customer account management, MIS/OPMS(Online Project Management System) in the telecom industry.
o Understanding business process, study and analyze workflow to design solutions (As-Is and To-Be Analysis and Freezing).
o Studying existing implementation in terms for design, setups and gap resolution.
o Modifying the setups when required. Suggesting the changes in customizations and prepare the functional design documents.
o Resolving the day to day transaction entry problems.
o Suggesting the process improvisations to help ease the data entry.
o Implementing the new modules when required.
o Preparing Requirement Document for customer approval.
o Creating the business environment and preparing functional specifications.
o Giving new ideas to the client and Product Engineering Team.
• Was responsible for significant reduction in production lead-time through better co-ordination leading to better alignment of machines in production lines, according to the styles of garments, which resulted in increased bottom line.
• Did extensive country research for products and achieved dozen new agreements in garment industry.
• In Telecom, calculated the cost to the company because of slippage in commissioning and less than par maintenance to the equipment. This resulted in effective negotiations with vendors.
• As a SCM(SAP MM) professional there has never been a major slippage in time schedule and also there has been significant cost cutting because of better demand projection and price negotiation with vendors.
• For the EPCM project for commissioning (RFI & RFS) of towers for TATA Telecom for FY 09-10 was able to cut procurement cost by 10% over FY 08-09 thru better negotiation and was awarded a cash reward for the same
Vision for the New Company
The ground reality is you get what you expect.Do a Swot Analysis and change the internal reality from which we get new paths. Choose the right one keeping in mind both internal & external reality i.e.work on strengths and reduce weaknesses vis a vis external reality.
July 2011 till date
Working as Assistant Professor Operations Research in Invertis University Bareilly.
April 2006 till June 2011
Currently working as Executive (SCM) with M/s Sterling Projects & Engineers attached to M/s Tata Tele services Limited at their Patna Head Quarters.
• Looking after all the SCM aspects movement of goods & documentation requirements, project support and analysis for future requirements.
• Generation of MIS reports, Material Requirements and budget, manage availability of materials, whether in house or thru vendors.
• Generation of WBS, assisting in consumption entries, Generation of PO’s and capitalization of goods (all SAP based)
• As also Purchasing (telecom industry like AC, DG, Battery Bank, SMPS, PIU, PCM, Shelter, Tower material, BTS equipment, Antennae etc) plus EB (electric meter, poles, transformer, cables etc)
May,2003 – April,2006
Worked as a SAP MM Consultant with M/s Oxizen Softech Ltd, working for their M/s Tata Teleservices Project. Looked after all the SCM aspects like warehousing, logistics, purchasing and ERP based support.
May2001 – April2003
Worked as an Executive SAP with The Hindustan Times. Looked after warehousing, JIT production planning as also transformation from legacy system to SAP.
January1996 - April2001
Worked as an Assistant Manager, Merchandising with SAMTEX, a satellite of M/s SAMSUNG looked after Production and Inventory Planning, Managing Key Accounts, Developing and Managing Export Business, Formulating strategy for export promotion for garments and textile Business. Export clearance with C& F agents and liasoning with negotiating bank as far as L/C is concerned.
Jan1995 – Jan1996
Worked as an Export Co-ordinator with M/s Meijer in Textiles and Handicrafts industry.Looked after quality inspection and export formalities.
The following responsibilities and activities were performed in Oxizen & Sterling Projects & Engineering Limited
1. Configuring Material Master, Vendor Master, Info Records, Source Lists.
2. Configuring RFQ, Quota Arrangements
3. Configuring Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders.
4. Outline Agreements. Contracts & Scheduling Agreements.
5. Pricing Procedure, Vendor Evaluation.
6. End User Training in MM Purchasing Module.
Activities performed (SAP R/3 MM):
* Enterprise Structures of Plants, Storage Locations, Purchasing Organizations, and purchasing
* Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order, Purchasing info Record
* Source lists, Contracts, Scheduling agreements, Release orders, quota management
* Info Records for Standard, Consignment and Sub- Contracting
* Master data records for materials, vendors, Info records
* Materials and complete procurement cycle for the same in a standard business scenario.
* Release Procedures with and w/o Classification (Purchase Requisition, Purchase Order).
* Inventory Management - GR, GI, Transfer Postings, Movement Types, Entry of Inventory
* Understanding of customizing aspects of Material Masters, Inventory Movement,
Purchasing & Vendor master
Parjanaya kumar Trivedi