Sanjay Kumar's quick tips for dancers to stay Healthy
To be a good dancer one should first of all develop high self-esteem. Have complete control over your body, mind and emotions. Consider the obstacles that you encounter as a challenge and overcome them. Do not give up easily. Dedication and practice will help you move ahead. Eliminate all negative thoughts. Feed your mind with positive, uplifting and inspiring thoughts.
It is important for dancers to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Below are 10 important must-do's:
1. Quit smoking and limit alcohol intake.
2. If you are overweight, go on a sensible diet. Cut down on saturated fat intake, eat more fruits and vegetables.
3. Work out at least five times a week. Add strength and resistant training to your work out.
4. Get plenty of sleep and rest.
5. Do not skip meals.
6. Get a physical examination done annually, including a cardiac risk profile and a base-line bone density test.
7. Reduce stress through meditation, yoga, massage therapy or aromatherapy. Spend at least 15 minutes a day alone.
8. Take up activities that you enjoy. Celebrate every small victory.
9. Practice dance for a minimum of two hours at least three days a week.
10. Be kind and gentle on yourself.