About the Course
Want to learn a different language? Over the course, our instructor will teach you the fundamentals of HTML5 & CSS3 programming. Tune in to learn concepts about web pages, CSS3 styles and HTML5 features.We'll walk you through getting the web principals, writing code and much more! Each concept is broken into its own section so you can search for and focus on the information you need.
Learn by doing! This course builds your HTML5 & CSS3 muscle memory by providing solid, comprehensive walk-through s & implementation examples, then putting your new knowledge to the test.
Topics CoveredCourse Content:
• Adding style, selectors, the cascade, and floats .
2. Clear Carving:
• Clearing floats, inheritance, and specificity.
3. Box Bindings:
The box model, positioning, and z-index .
4. Grooming Your Code:
• DRY, display types, and centering
5. CSS Safety and Image issues:
• Protecting your layout and specificity problems.
• Image use and image cropping.
6. Image replacement and sprites.
7. Pseudo classes and pseudo elements.
1. Overview & Updates:
• Get an overview of HTML5 and CSS3, and learn which HTML elements have been updated in HTML5.
2. HTML5 Elements:
• Learn all of the new HTML5 elements, including the section, article, header, footer, and time elements, and also several others that will help make your markup more semantic.
3. HTML5 Forms:
• Learn all of the new HTML5 form input types, elements, and attributes.
4. CSS3 Styles:
• Learn modern CSS styling techniques, including border radius, box shadow, text shadow, box sizing, multiple backgrounds, and gradients.
5. Fonts & Interactions:
• Learn how to use web fonts with @font-face, create smooth transitions and manipulated elements in CSS with the transition and transform properties, and write CSS according to the principles of progressive enhancement.
1. HTML5 Web Workers:
• Introduction and Usage of Web Workers.
2. HTML5 Web Sockets:
• Overview of Web Sockets API and Protocol.
3. Data Storage: New Storage Options
• Web Storage
• Web SQL Storage
1. CSS Key frame animation demo:
• Cat-walk, wall clock, car-animation, parallax effect and 3d effect.
2. Q&A Session.
Who should attendThis course is designed for software developers interested in designing, creating, and deploying
HTML5 and CSS3 web applications. It is valuable to both beginners and advanced developers
that already have experience in developing web applications
Developers who want to stay on top of new technologies
Anyone wo wishes to learn web development
Pre-requisitesBasic/Intermediate HTML & CSS Knowledge
What you need to bringZeal to learn"
Key TakeawaysAt the end of 'HTML5 & CSS3 from Scratch' training course, the participants will:
• Know how to use HTML5 Markup.
• Learn the fundamentals & foundational elements of CSS.
• Understand current browser support for the various HTML5 features.
• Understand how to emulate certain HTML5 features in older browsers.
• Learn about best practices for using HTML5.
• Learn how to use the new features of CSS3.