About the Course
Course is designed for the audience who has prior knowledge on Advanced excels, and keen to learn excel automation. This Program is designed for absolute beginner in VBA programming, which covers basic programming concepts to advanced level of programming. Students who completes the course successfully, will be honored with certificates.
Topics CoveredExcel VBA Using the Macro Recorder
• Running Macros.
• Assigning Macro on Quick Access Toolbar.
• Assigning Macro on Command Button.
• Editing Macros, Edit Description, Short cut Keys.
2- The Visual Basic Editor
• Introducing the Excel Object Model.
• VBA Sub and Function Procedures.
• Calling Functions and Sub Procedures.
• Creating User-Defined Functions.
• Creating Add-ins and using Add-ins.
• Variable Declaration.
• Scope and Lifetime of Variables.
• Variable Type.
• Object Variables.
3- Programming Concepts
• Essential VBA Language Elements.
• Working with Range Objects.
• Using VBA and Worksheet Functions.
• Controlling Program Flow and Making Decisions IF, If Else, Else if, Select...
• For loop, While.
• Automatic Procedures and Events.
• Error-Handling Techniques.
• Bug Extermination Techniques.
• VBA Programming Examples.
4- Using Ranges
• Activate and Select.
• Range Property.
• Cells Property.
• Offset Property.
• Resize Property.
• Special Cells Method.
• Last Cell.
• Current Region Property.
• Union and Intersect Methods.
• Empty Cells.
• Deleting Rows.
5- Using Names
• Naming Ranges.
• Using the Name Property of the Range Object.
• Working with Named Ranges.
• Determining which Names Overlap a Range.
6- Workbooks and Worksheets
• The Workbooks Collection.
• Getting a Filename from a Path.
• Files in the Same Directory.
• Overwriting an Existing Workbook.
• Saving Changes.
• The Sheets Collection.
• Copy and Move.
7- Data Lists
• Structuring the Data.
• Sorting a Range.
• Sorting a Table.
• AutoFilter Object.
• Filter Object.
• Date Custom Filter.
• Adding Combo Boxes.
• Copying the Visible Rows.
• Advanced Filter.
8- Pivot Tables
• Creating a Pivot Table Report.
• Pivot Caches.
• Pivot Tables Collection.
• Pivot Fields.
• Calculated Fields.
• Pivot Items.
• Visible Property.
• Calculated Items.
• Pivot Charts.
• External Data Sources.
• Chart Sheets.
• The Recorded Macro.
• Adding a Chart Sheet Using VBA Code.
• Embedded Charts.
• Using the Macro Recorder.
• Adding an Embedded Chart Using VBA Code.
• Defining Chart Series with Arrays.
• Converting a Chart to Use Arrays.
• Determining the Ranges Used in a Chart.
• Chart Labels.
10- Communicating with Your Users
• Simple Dialog Boxes.
• User Form Basics.
• Using User Form Controls.
• Label, Text Box, Option Button, Check Box, List Box, Combo Box etc.
• User Form Techniques and Tricks.
• Accessing Your Macros through the User Interface.
11- Event Procedures
12- Adding Controls
•Form and ActiveX Controls ActiveX Controls Scrollbar Control.
Who should attend• All Professionals/Personnel, in a Corporate Environment, using Excel Spreadsheets.
• All Professionals/Personnel, in a Corporate Environment, involved in using Excel to Process Large Datasets, especially those received from other Systems, and converting them into Reports to be utilized in the Business.
• All Professionals/Personnel, in a Corporate Environment, who are looking for Creating Tools with the help of VBA & don’t know how & where to Begin.
Pre-requisitesBasic or Advanced knowledge in Excel
What you need to bring> Energetic Brain and enthusiasm
Key Takeaways> Better understanding on VBA Coding
> Fixing Debugging issues independently
> improvement in Think out of the Box technique.