What is Kinderdance®?
Kinderdance® is a US based company (established 1979) and is the original worldwide dance, motor development, gymnastics, and fitness program that combine academic readiness skills which are specifically designed for children ages 2 to 12.
What makes Kinderdance® unique?
Kinderdance® programs blend educational concepts with various forms of movement, dance, and gymnastics. The programs help develop gross motor skills, movement creativity, fitness, and body awareness. Each class is taught using lesson plans which incorporate original and traditional age-appropriate music and songs.
• Programs blend educational concepts in a developmentally designed curriculum for age appropriate children and has many levels that each student graduates to successfully achieve a great posture, social interaction, leadership qualities, athletic and academic pursuits
• Places special emphasis to build self-confidence and self-esteem
• Kinderdance® programs were designed to prepare children to enter the mainstream educational system both physically, mentally, emotionally and cognitively.
• Continuing in its fight against childhood obesity, Kinderdance® and its four movement programs are constantly developed and enhanced with new Dance & Fitness Program to ‘Fight against Child Obesity’, which has become a worldwide epidemic.
• Kinderdance programs serves as a catalyst to enhance the creative side of the young mind & body. The movement, music and creative dance are natural tools for fitness, learning and communicating while expressing their feelings.
• Dance, Motor Development, Gymnastics, and Fitness helps make learning a fun part of a child's world.
• Programs are taught by instructors certified and trained by Kinderdance®, who specialize in teaching dance, motor development, gymnastics, creative movement, and fitness to young children.
Why Was Kinderdance® Created?
Kinderdance® was born out of the idea to reach out to as many young children as possible between the ages of 2 to 5 and involve them in a dance and gross motor development program blended with academics. The Kinderdance® programs were designed to prepare children to enter the mainstream educational system both physically, mentally, emotionally and cognitively.
The preparation of the mind/body connection for preschool age children is of paramount importance. There is concern for our young children and their lack of preparedness to enter Kindergarten with basic knowledge
Those children who are not confident with their own movement personality and skills, who have not developed strong identities and have not had the opportunity to develop and test their over-all abilities will not develop a strong sense of self-esteem. These students are always playing catch-up throughout their school years. The frustration of this scenario leads many to lose interest in school and stray from a path of success and self-fulfillment.
Before children learn to walk they crawl, and before they crawl they move their arms and legs (these are gross
motor movements). If we don`t encourage our children to participate in activities such as developmentally
planned movement programs, they will not fully develop their bodies and their minds. A problem solving mind is a creative mind and creative minds are developed over a period of time through developmental movement activities such as age appropriate dance and music.
Kinderdance USA saw the need to develop this kind of a program 30 years back in time as they had the vision on Obesity in childhood. We are glad to be early in stage and introduce this program as we see with the New Changed & Progressive India heading through the same path.
Profile of Kinderdance India:
Kinderdance was introduced to India in April 2009. Learning Parachute India Private Ltd. (LPIPL) is the Master Franchise Owner
Kinderdance has already touched the lives of many young children making a positive difference:
- By conducting classes in pre-schools, as Summer programs, and as after-school programs in all viable locations such as clubhouses, amenities centers, art centers and many more
-Through Franchising within Bangalore, Hyderabad & Secunderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Kohlapur, West Delhi, Chandigarh and Gurgaon and expansion plans in other major cities like Nagpur, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmadabad, Kerala, Kolkata.
-Kinderdance programs have been successfully chosen by private schools, public schools and many pre-schools and schools as part of the school curriculum for the optimized learning experience through our structured Weekly lesson plans suitable for an academic year. A few to name are:
o Indus Early Learning Center, Whitefield, Bangalore
o Neev Preschool, Bangalore
o Sattva Preschool, Indiranagar, Bangalore
o Prathama Kidz, HSR Layout, Bangalore
o Sparrows Montessori, Brookefields, Bangalore
o Chrysalis Hub, Frazer Town, Bangalore
o Jamnabhai Enrichment Learning Center, Juhu, Mumbai
o 15 Centres of Planet Kids within Bangalore
o Smartkidz in Pune Bangalore and Hyderabad centers
o Amiown International preschools
o Parevertan School, Ghaziabad
o Sri Krishna Public School, Bangalore
o St, Thomas Public School, Bangalore and many more.....
Current offerings from Kinderdance® in India:
Kindertots®: (for Ages 2):Kindertots helps to develop the total child through gross motor skills, movement creativity, physical development and body awareness while learning numbers, colors, shapes and songs. (Class duration: 30 minutes; Class strength: 6-8)
Kinderdance®: (for Ages 3-5): Kinderdance is a developmental dance, motor development and fitness program taught on 3 levels, teaching the basics of Ballet, Tap, Acrobatics and Creative Movement while blending educational concepts. (Class duration: 1 hour; Class strength: 10 - 12)
Kindermotion™: (for Ages 3-12): The duration of this class is 45 minutes. Kindermotion is a developmentally designed education through motor skills, physical development, fitness, nutrition and imagery program which prepares students' minds and bodies for athletic and academic pursuits. (Class duration: 45 minutes; Class strength: 10 - 12).
Kindergym®: (for Ages 3-5 yrs):is a developmental floor gymnastics program with emphasis on fun, social and gross motor development, physical fitness and movement education while learning numbers, colors, shapes and words.