About the Course
Upper Hechchu Staayi Varisai
Thakku Staayi Varisai
Saptha Taala Alankarams
Geetam - in two kaalams
Will be practised in the following Raagams: Malahari, Mohanam, Suddha-saveri, Kalyani, Ananda-bhairavi, Kambhoji, Mayamalavagowla, Madhyamavati, Bowli, Harikambhoji.
To be practised in the following Raagams: Bilahari, Kalyani, Shankarabharanam, Saveri, Vasantha, Hamsadhwani, Aabohi, Khamas.
1.Divya-nama Kirtanas (Sri Thiagarajah)
2. Sankeertana (Sri Annamachari) or Devar Nama (Sri Purandaradasar)
1.Names of the seven swaras (saptha swaras).
2. Names of the twelve swara-staanams.
3. Definitions of Musical terms - Aarohanam, Avarohanam, Sruthi, Swaram, Staayi, Jantai Varisai.
Definition of signs and symbols used in notation - namely, Akshara-kaala signs (comma, semi-colon), Staayi symbols (only 3 staayi ie Mandra, Matya, Tara), Kaalam (only 3 kaala speed) or degree of speed signs, Taala anga divisions, Avartam endings. Numerical signs in (jaati), tala angam (lagu symbols) and symbols used for gamakams.
2. Swarastaanas taken by raagams handled in the practical lessons and their Aarohanam, Avarohanam.
3. Lakshanam of Geetam with the names of composers.
4. Triangam - Lagu, Drutam, Anudrutam - signs and definitions.
5. Sapta taalams and the scheme of 35 taalams using 5 jaatis in Lagu.
Who should attendFor Beginners in Carnatic Music
Pre-requisitesInterest in Music
What you need to bring-Nothing
Key TakeawaysStudents learn the basics of carnatic music. at the end they will ready to take up Carnatic Music Intermediate course