About the Course
In these classes things will be covered from scratch up to the high level. Class will be more focused towards current industry needs. As i am an full time IT consultant with OraneLabs, SIIC , IIT kanpur and Part time IT adviser with some other industries so i know the current scenario well. Classes will be of more interactive type and all doubts will be cleared as soon as possible.
For each day i will be providing the material.
Topics Covered• Programming Environment, what is a program? , Programming Language, levels of programming languages, basic introduction about machine level language, Assembly language, High level language.
• Position of C language in language levels, software development life cycle, Write and execute the first program.
• Concept of an algorithm. Algorithms to programs conversion, top-down development and stepwise refinement.
• Introduction to the design and implementation of correct, efficient and maintainable programs, Structured Programming, Trace an algorithm to depict the logic.
• Standard I/O in "C", Fundamental Data Types and Storage Classes: Character types, Integer, short, long, unsigned, single and double-precision floating point, storage classes, automatic, register, static and external.
• Operators and Expressions: Using numeric and relational operators, mixed operands and type conversion, Logical operators, Bit operations, Operator precedence and associativity.
• Conditional Program Execution: Applying if and switch statements, nesting if and else, restrictions on switch values, use of break and default with switch.
• Program Loops and Iteration: Uses of while, do and for loops, multiple loop variables, assignment operators, using break and continue.
• Modular Programming: Passing arguments by value, scope rules and global variables, separate compilation, and linkage, building your own modules.
• Functions: Definition, block structure, main features of a function, functions return values, scope rules, making your own functions with and without return types, calling convention of the functions, difference between calling of fixed and variable arguments functions, difference between call by value and call by reference, use of a mixed call for returning more than value at a time indirectly, making your own header files, adding a function to the standard header file, Recursion, the C preprocessor, using command prompt for compilation and execution , passing command line arguments to the main() function.
• Strings: declaration of string, using string methods, some of the strings inbuilt functions implementation, array of strings, string pointers.
• Arrays: Array notation and representation, manipulating array elements, using multidimensional arrays, arrays of unknown or varying size.
• Structures: Purpose and usage of structures, declaring structures, assigning of structures, passing structure elements to function, passing whole structure to function, using structure pointer, self-referential structures, Unions.
• Pointers to Objects: Pointer and address arithmetic, pointer operations and declarations, using pointers as function arguments , pointers and arrays , character pointers and Functions, pointer arrays, pointers to pointers, command line arguments, pointers to functions.
• Dynamic memory allocation, defining and using stacks and linked lists.
• Sequential search, Sorting arrays, Strings, Text files, The Standard C Preprocessor: Defining and calling macros, utilizing conditional compilation, passing values to the compiler.
• File I/O : streams and files, File System basics: file pointer, opening a file , closing a file, writing a character, reading a character, using fopen(), getc(), putc(), and fclose(),using feof(), Working with strings : fputs(),fgets(),erasing files, flushing a stream, fread() and fwrite(), fprintf() and fscanf().
• Sorting and searching: Algorithms and implementation bubble sort, selection sort, Insertion sort, sequential search and binary search.
• Introduction to Graphics design using C- use of graphics functions.
Who should attendstudents of all branches of engineering, BCA and MCA , persons who are working in industries and want to improve their skills .
Pre-requisitesNo pre-requisites as such needed , as i will be starting from scratch.
What you need to bringYou should have a laptop/desktop with mike and webcam.
Key TakeawaysYou will be having good command over programming skills , material that i will be giving can be used for your further enhancement, a sweet memories of virtual classes.