SERVICES & OBJECTIVES OF CFAE
Starting the college search is full of excitement and promise. Narrowing the results can be more difficult.
Helping our students narrow the college search can be a complicated proposition. Some become very focused on a single school, and may need to be encouraged to consider a few alternatives. Others will like every school they visit or investigate, and may need help limiting their options to a more manageable number.
CFAE has custom-tailor an advising plan based on each student's needs, but our standard college counseling services include:
• Academic Counseling - Evaluating each student's admissions profile We offer career related academic guidance (advice on the subject choices, choice of educational stream and career choice suitable to the students )to the students and parents of ICSE & ISC, IBDP & IGCSE (VIII-XII).
• University Selection -Researching college options for students, based on individual admissions profile, academic interests & other college preferences in India & abroad.
• Course selection- Helping students identify appropriate course choices based on their interests, learning style, and personality in University/ College of their choice in India & abroad.
• Advice and information about financial aid and college merit scholarships
• Documentation and Processing of Applications to Universities/ Colleges in India & abroad
• Guidance on writing effective college application essays as well as review of college application essays
• Developing a college application plan to help students stay on track with college applications
• The Center offers students information about hostels, apartments, rentals and transportation.
• CFAE is the only State endorsed Center & Educational Embassy of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in India. The Center will provide help to the admitted students through the Center to do their internships at multinationals in the Philadelphia region
ADDITIONAL SERVICES OFFERED BY CFAE
• Organize visits by the officials of the Universities / Colleges to India and engender better placement opportunities
• Coordinate career fair to update students on emerging career opportunities in India & abroad.
• Organisations of placement tours and facilitate summer exchange programs.
• The Center will arrange Education fairs of International Universities
• It is also envisaged that the technology can/will be used to exchange real time Certificate Courses with the Universities in Pennsylvania for students already enrolled with Mumbai University or working professionals for professional development. The certificate will be given by the University after working out details and the administration and quality control can be managed by the Center.
• The Center will arrange for cultural and academic exchanges between Mumbai Schools and Universities based in Philadelphia. We hope to have Student as well as Faculty exchanges in the future.