About the Course
This class is designed to give students a general introductory idea on playing Violin.
Topics Covered1. Brief introduction to String family and bowed instruments.
2. Getting acquainted with Violin:
a) Different parts of the instrument.
b) Name of Strings and how they sounds.
c) Holding the instrument.
d) Bow holding.
e) Basics of bowing.
f) Playing open strings.
3. Basics of rhythm:
a) Introductory lecture on Rhythm.
b) Playing violin along with rhythm.
c) Basic rhythm dictation.
4. Introductory lecture on music theory:
- Notes, Scales, Chords etc.
5. Introductory lecture on Notation system:
a) Indian Notation System.
b) Staff Notation.
6. Free discussion and Q/A Session.
Who should attendAny one interested to learn Violin.
Pre-requisitesNothing particular. Student should like music, that's all.
What you need to bringNothing particular. Students will be provided with all materials needed for the class. Optionally, students can bring their audio/video recorder.
Key TakeawaysAt the end of the class students will take away with them -
* Clear idea on the instrument.
* Basic knowledge on playing Violin.
* Class materials for their reference.
* Optional audio / video staffs.
** Increased level of interest on music, a happy and pleasant learning experience and may be a definite direction towards a positive musical life.