AIMS Abacus Academy is a franchisee of UCMAS which is one of the world’s leading ABACUS concepts.
• The UCMAS Mental Math Program is a unique child development program that was founded in Malaysia in 1993
• UCMAS Promotes the Skills to Succeed in the Classroom and in Life
• UCMAS applies innovative pedagogical techniques developed by program specialists that include child development experts and child psychologists to leverage educational trends and to maintain a world-class quality program that deliver maximum benefit to our students.
• UCMAS is an ISO 9001:2008 certified program.
Benefits of ABACUS:
The UCMAS program improves math skills and promotes whole brain thinking through:
Thinking in Pictures – Students boost memory power through visualization by holding numbers in their mind while handling the physical or mental Abacus.
A Flash of Brilliance – Students create a mental image of the beads on their mental Abacus with the help of flash cards. Each student who completes the UCMAS program will have memorized over 450,000 images.
The Need for Speed – Speed training encourages children to listen attentively and respond to questions quickly, sharpening their focus and concentration.
Building Mathematical Concepts
Manipulating the physical or virtual beads of the Abacus provides students with another frame of reference to learn mathematical concepts, such as:
• The base-ten number system
• Number concepts and numeric relationships
• Place values
• Carrying and borrowing
• Combinations and complements of numbers