Attend a free science show on 4 Jan. Science shows are one of their kind where ScienceUtsav s wonderful team performs a drama about the various concepts of Science. Kids enjoy the show and also take back some learning!!
This is a prelude to the Astronomy workshop that will start at JP Nagar (Bangalore).
Topics covered during the workshop:
1. How to watch the sky like an astronomer - Learning supported by Videos, Role Plays, Puzzles and games.
2. Find out where the Sun, moon and planets will be on any day for the next 3 years
3. Patterns of Stars and Constellations
4. Basics of astronomical units, Nomenclature of stars, their sizes, varying brightness, etc. Relational star gazing.
5. Seasons and weather
6. Making scaled model of solar system.
7. Kids will exactly find out how the shape of the moon, Drama to showcase the Lunar cycle
8. Why new moon day or full moon days are not eclipses, How our ancestors designed the calendar? What will be the phase of the moon today?
9. Where and when does the sun rise? ScienceUtsav s astro-sun kit contains materials for making models with instructions.
10. Why seasons exist (To be discussed with the help of a roleplay and activity)
11. Why pole star is at the same position?
12. Make 5 different kinds of sundials.
13. 4 different kits for making Galilean telescopes out of corrugated board and lenses: 4x, 6x, 10x and super kit that uses 4 combinations of lenses to give magnifications of 4x, 6x, 6.66x and 10x. Kits contain boards, lenses, instructions, etc.
14. Understanding the Globe and the formation of continents, Map reading in a fun way,
15. Treasure hunt as teams.
Age 8 to 14
you need to bring
Nothing. ScienceUtsav provides the required materials"