You get get inspired of medical n social aspects on my blog
I completed my surgical training at the PGI, Chandigarh a 3000...
You get get inspired of medical n social aspects on my blog
I completed my surgical training at the PGI, Chandigarh a 3000 bedded multi-disciplinary tertiary referral teaching hospital with case input from adjoining seven states. PGI has aneurysm surgeries of at least two in a day with a commitment for immediate round the clock angio diagnosis and immediate surgery apart from the wide variety of other cases. The advanced radiological set up with 1.5 tesla MRI, PET, 16 slice spiral CT for image guided intervention. During my three year residency I trained in basics and various specialties of neurosurgery like vascular, trauma, pediatric, onco-, skull base-CVJ, spine , infections, microsurgical, functional, stereotactic, endoscopic, epilepsy and movement disorders, research in neurology. This three year period was vital to my understanding and development of surgical principles and skills. During this period I performed under supervision and individually various surgeries-both elective and emergency. I was also involved in running outpatient clinics seeing about 150 patients a week. In these four years in neurosurgery. I have done many major and countless minor procedures and trained to take crucial decisions independently. I have seen the state of art surgical gadgetry to skills working with all range of patient condition severity, affordability.
As a consultant I have independently done aneurysm clipping, AVM excision, skull base surgeries, endoscopic ventricular and sphenoidal surgeries, spinal fusions including CVJ, stereotactic surgeries, pediatric neurosurgery, with good outcome and functional preservation especially oncological cases with total / maximum resection holistically. Performed live demonstration surgery of lateral skull base workshop.
Interested to pursue functional deep brain stimulation, minimally invasive surgery, Robotic surgery , 3-D endoscopy and endovascular techniques for a comprehensive care. I am working on mobility preserving stabilization at CVJ
To pursue my interest I did observership at Barrow Neurosurgical Institute in skull base, vascular, functional ?DBS, VNS, Spine ?X LIF. I even visited City of Hope where research work is being done in Nano medicine for brain tumors and Robotic surgery. I attended the Nano technology conference at Cedars Sinai hospital which has evoked the zeal in implementation of latest technology in clinical medicine.
I have been teaching DNB, neurosurgery students at Narayana Hrudayalaya 2008-2011.
Mentor for BMC Clinical-surgical Skills Centre, Bangalore medical college.
Faculty for the spine instrumentation at cadaver workshop, NSSA spine 2011.
Post graduate teaching experience at PGI Chandigarh, for MS general surgery 2004-2007.
Undergraduate medical and dentistry student teaching experience during MS, Nair hospital, Mumbai, 2001-2004
Always enthusiastic to teach students about the nuances of surgical skills, bedside clinics, outpatient evaluation, and holistic approach to patient care for that?s the best way to make a difference to many more needy patients than by oneself. Hence i volunteered for few months as a visiting consultant to teach students at KIMS hospital Bengaluru. I am associated with ESI hospital Indiranagar as a faculty to gain a better perspective of the scheme and serve the poor.
Developed patient care modules, to guide junior doctors and nurses for quality care. I am working on a model of cost-Ecologically-effective holistic health system as advisory for corporate companies
Neurological Society of India
North American Skull Base Society
Bangalore Neurological Society
Indian Society of Neuro Oncology
Karnataka Spine Forum.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
1. Cysticercosis of midbrain presenting with fluctuating ptosis- case report in Ann Indian Acad Neurol 2011;14:208-10.
2. Minimal entry maximum outcome- feasibility of skill refinement, Indian society for stereotactic and functional neurosurgery ISSFN 12th national conference sept 2011 Chennai.
3. Staged surgery for zero morbidity in hypoglossal schwannoma published in journal Skull Base- An Interdisciplinary Approach, page 67, supplement 1, vol 21, March 2011, also presented at 21th Annual North American Skull Base Society Meeting.
4. Single piece Bifronto unilateral orbito zygomatico temporal craniotomy- unique case of ethmoidal osteosarcoma published in journal Skull Base- An Interdisciplinary Approach, page 58-59, supplement 1, vol 21, march 2011, also presented at 21th Annual North American Skull Base Society Meeting.
5. Cranial fungal granuloma ? case series at NSI CNS Joint Meeting 2010 at Jaipur
6. Cranial primary Osteosarcoma ? experience with two difficult cases at NSI CNS Joint Meeting 2010 at Jaipur.
7. Lateral skull base approaches presentation at skull base workshop and conference, Narayana Hrudayalaya multispecialty hospital and Mujumdar Shaw cancer center 2010
8. Secondary chondrosarcoma of spine and clustering with cranial cases ?paper at Neuro oncology ISNOCON 2010 Chennai April.
9. Bow hunters stroke- a rare presentation of CVJ anomaly case report awaited in Neurology India
10. Spinal stabilization in vertebral erosion by aortic aneurysm at BNS meeting
11. Case series of C1C2 spacer distraction and lateral mass pedicle screw fusion at NSI CNS Joint Meeting 2010 at Jaipur
12. Endoscopic four hand technique for sellar and suprasellar lesions at BASECON 2010
13. Epilepsy surgery in children case series at NSI CNS Joint Meeting 2010 at Jaipur
14. Aortico carotid bypass for simultaneous carotid endarterectomy and coronary bypass case series at NSICON 2008
15. Obexostomy a novel approach to treat ACM syrinx on e-forum
16. Prospective comparative Study of hormonal recovery and new onset hypo function after surgical excision of pituitary macro adenomas with respect to tumor type (Acromegaly NFPT prolactinoma)., size, hormonal levels, age, sex, route of surgery, extent of excision, operating surgeon variability, relation to complications of CSF leak meningitis, DI.
17. MASICON Feb 2004 Blunt abdominal trauma-to study the incidence , age, sex variation, causes, associated injuries, severity of the organ injured, investigative modalities to detect the injuries, various modes of management, complications, morbidity, mortality and the factors influencing them .trauma scores and their effectiveness to predict them
COURSES and CME ATTENDED
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
Hindi literature - praveshika exam. Yoga, Reading, trekking- exploring Himalayas.
Music - sang for the City of Hope singers group .Dance, badminton, Painting, drawing, cooking.
Development of business module in health care for cost-effective utilization of resources with quality care to all income categories of patients .
Developing better protocols & practicable solutions for quality assurance at all level of health care
Motivating the team, for better interpersonal working relationships, to ensure better job satisfaction.
Career counseling for younger doctors & hospital personnel for occupational, personal, spiritual goals and means to achieve ergonomically appropriate placements
I am Keerthi GK founder of Phoenix Martial Arts(R). I am a 4th Dan Black Belt. Our academy is approved by World karate federation...
I am Keerthi GK founder of Phoenix Martial Arts(R). I am a 4th Dan Black Belt. Our academy is approved by World karate federation and Karate association of India. We take regular karate classes in schools, IT companies, collages and apartments. We teach weapon training for kids and elders and self defense for ladies. If anyone is interested you can call