About the Course
Please note before you read this advertisement. This Ad is not for making money; it’s for sharing my knowledge with the one who like to learn seriously professional digital photography. My passion is photography. I’m a hobbyist and Professional photographer. I offer digital photography classes at R. T Nagar Bangalore. From basic to advance digital photography, very reasonable fees.
Note: Every Lesson will have practical. DSLR camera will be provided for those who don’t have one.*
Topics CoveredLESSON #1 ‘Basic Photography’
Know Your Camera
• Types of cameras • How does a DSLR work?
• How do compacts Work?
Getting Ready to Take a Photo:
• Basic Controls
Taking a Photo:
• Avoiding Camera Shake: • Reviewing Photos
Composition – Top 10 Tips
LESSON #2 ‘Exposure’
Basic Exposure Theory
• Collecting the ‘right amount’ of light
• Contrast limitations on cameras
• Aperture / Shutter speed balance
• P ‘Program’ Mode • Calculating Exposure.
• Auto Metering / Evaluative Metering:
• Tricky Exposure Situations
• Overcoming Tricky Exposures.
• Pre-Lighten or Darken Exposures.
• Correcting Poor Exposure. • Creative Exposures.
Histograms reading and understanding
LESSON #3 ‘Aperture & Depth of Field’
Aperture & Depth of Field
• What is aperture? • What is f/#?
• Effect of Aperture = Depth of Field:
• Shallow D.o.F : • Deep D.o.F:
• Handy hint to remember D.o.F
• Distribution of D.o.F. • Maximizing Depth of Field.
• Av (Aperture Value / Aperture Priority)
LESSON #4 ‘Shutter Speed and Movement’
Shutter Speed & Movement
• What is shutter speed?
• Fast Shutter Speed Effects:
• Slow shutter speed effects:
• Painting with light. • Long exposures.
• Timers and Remotes. • Dive modes.
• Tv (Time Value / Shutter Priority)
• Cool tricks with slow shutter speeds
LESSON #5 ‘ISO & The Exposure Triangle’
• What is ISO? • Advantages of Fast ISO:
• Disadvantages of Fast ISO: • Noise.
• Advantages of Slow ISO:
The Exposure Triangle:
• Aperture, Shutter speed & ISO are your 3 creative tools.
Advanced Camera Modes
• M (Manual) • A-DEP • Bulb
LESSON #6 ‘Lighting’
• Lighting is everything. • Morning / evenings.
• Harsh midday lighting. • Flat / soft / indirect light / shade. • Low Light. • Front light • Side light
• Back light
• More than just for dark scenes! • Fill-in flash.
• Highlighting rain or snow. • Add ‘Catch-light’ glint to eyes. • Varying flash intensity. • Inbuilt vs External Flash. • Bounce Flash.
• What is White Balance? • Not all white light is white. • Camera vs our eyes detecting white.
• What is Auto White Balance (AWB) • Changing White Balance. • Changing White Balance later.
• Polarizing Filters • UV & Skylight Filters
• Watch out for Vignetting
LESSON #7 ‘Lenses’
• Standard Lenses • Wide-Angle Lenses
• Telephoto Lenses • Other Lenses:
• What is Focal Length? • Focal Length & Depth of Field. • Zoom Lenses. • Prime Lenses.
• What is Lens Speed? • Understanding Lens Naming. • Image Stabilization. • What Lenses do I Need? • Full frame Vs smaller sensor
• Using manual focus • Quick tip for water proof cameras
LESSON #8 ‘Practical Photography’
The Digital Advantage:
• Check & Try Again • Take Lots, Cull Later
• What is Bracketing? • Auto Exposure Bracketing.
• Getting close. • Stalking successfully
• When you’ve been seen. • Getting the photos.
• When to include people. • Portrait Photography.
• Candid Photography
• Dirty sensors. • Cleaning dirty sensors.
• Self-cleaning. • Manual cleaning.
• Avoiding dirty sensors.
• Advanced file properties.
JPG vs RAW
• The debate. • The differences. • In Summary.
LESSON #9 Post Production
Adobe Photoshop for Photographers*
• Understanding Pixels and Resolution in Photoshop
• Understanding Color Spectrum in Photoshop
• Understanding Adobe Bridge for Photoshop
• Understanding Photoshop Image Layers
• Working with RAW files in Photoshop
• Retouching Images in Photoshop
• Examples creating Coffee Table Albums
• Optimizing Images for Social media and Printing
Adobe Lightroom for Photographers*
• Understanding Lightroom Catalogs
• Understanding Lightroom Photo Management
• Understanding Lightroom Libraries
• Understanding Lightroom Develop module
• Working with RAW files in LightRoom
• Retouching Raw Images in LightRoom
• Publishing Images using LightRoom
LESSON #10 Practical
• Shooting Portraits in Studio & natural lighting
• Shooting Portfolios for models
• Shooting Landscape/Birds/Animals
• Shooting Candid images
• Shooting Macro
Who should attendThe Photography Workshop is designed for photographers of all levels.
Pre-requisitesNothing, even total Zero Knowledge person can join
What you need to bringPoint n Shoot Camera or DSLR or else we will provide camera to those who don't have one*
Key TakeawaysMaster Exposure, Composition, Maximizing the Digital Potential, Equipment & Lenses, Mastering Manual Capturing images, Master Getting Best from Post processing images