Krav Maga is a Hebrew term that translates contact combat or close combat, and it refers to the official Israeli military, close quarters combat system. It is an eclectic martial art system that incorporates a wide range of techniques, including striking, takedowns and joint-locks.
Krav Maga is not a sport; rather, it is a highly refined self-defense system that focuses on doing whatever is necessary to survive.
Developed in the hostile environment of the Middle East, Krav Maga has been battle tested and combat proven. Krav Maga was developed by Imi Lichtenfeld for the Israeli military. It is a modern self-defense system that has been proven effective against both unarmed and armed attackers, as well as multiple assailants.
Krav Maga includes the following:
- Prevention, avoidance, escape and evasion.
- Dealing with throws and falls to all directions and angles.
- Attacks and counterattacks, performed to all targets, distances, ranges, heights, angles, directions and in all rhythms. Executed from all positions and postures. Use of all sorts of common objects for defensive purposes.
- Defending all unarmed attacks: punches, strikes and kicks. Releases from all all sorts of grabs and holds.
- Defending all armed attacks and threats of knife and sharp objects; of sticks bars and other blunt objects; of all kind of firearms.
- Dealing with the above attacks when sent from all possible directions and places; When are performed by a single or multiple attackers;