About the Course
“STUDIES show that 87% of a person’s income is directly attributed to that person’s ability to confidently speak in public. There is a certain amount of respect that individuals receive when they can stand on their feet and convey their ideas effectively, because when they do this, they are doing what 95% of the people in the audience wish they could do.”
~ Doug Staneart in ‘Fearless Presentations’
YOU too can belong to that 5%, and it doesn’t matter whether you are an expert or not, in a powerful position or not, or even fluent in language or not!
HI-IMPACT PUBLIC SPEAKING (HIPS) – a 16-hour Transformational
Learning program – enables you to transcend expertise, position and language to influence your audience dramatically and leave them with a lasting impact.
HIPS is not just another training program. Each participant will get ample opportunity to practice and perfect hi-impact public speaking during the program. The practice sessions will be video recorded along will peer and facilitators’ feedback and a recording of the same will be shared with the participants.
Topics CoveredTHEMES that will be covered in the program include:
- Creating a good first impression
- Using physical skills to reduce nervousness, while using discomfort to your advantage
- Using eyes, gestures, and voice to become more powerful in hi-impact public speaking
- Bringing in the crucial 5-I of hi-impact public speaking
- Public Listening – the key to public speaking
- Helping the other know that you have listened through active listening
- Listening to the feelings through conscious listening
- Using body language expressions to accentuate expressions
- Sensing the audience and dynamically modifying design to sustain relevance
- Understanding and unleashing influence as an emotional contagion
- Influencing strategies and tactics
- Avoiding the five critical mistakes that trap most at public speaking
- Using humor effectively; what type of humor & when to use it
- Creating and effectively using visual aids that support your ideas
- Thinking on your feet and handling really tough questions / audience / situations
Who should attendBusiness Leaders / Sales professionals; People Leaders / HR Leaders / Hiring managers;
Product / process / technology evangelists;
Learning Leaders / Trainers / Coaches;
Social / Political Leaders, Administrators & Bureaucrats
Pre-requisitesThe learner should have ample opportunity to speak in public as a part of their profession / occupation.
All participants need to register in advance with full payment of the participation fee
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF SPECIALLY DISCOUNTED PRICE OF 9750/- FOR THINK VIDYA MEMBERS ONLY.
What you need to bringYour conscious self"
Key Takeaways- Techniques of dealing with and overcoming stage-fright
- Ability to speak in public and leave them with an impact
- Tips for influencing the audience, irrespective of size