1. I am a retired Wing Commander, an Indian Air Force fighter pilot, who has taken up Aero-modeling as a full time career to motivate, educate and guide young children using STEM concept. I am conducting this aero-modelling activity in the NDA and many reputed schools of Pune such as Sanskriti School, BK Birla Centre for Education, Magarpatta Public school and many more, for the last two years. I have also conducted workshops in Muktangan Exploratory Science centre and in more than 50 schools through TOI, NIE.
2. The aero-modelling activity is carried out with an audio-visual presentation on a topic. The concept is then explained with examples, children are given all the material to make a functioning model and in the end, all of them fly or operate their own creation to see it function!
3. This is a unique program where children enjoy and learn much more than any other routine extra-curricular activity. Everyone, especially children, is fascinated by aero planes, which are used as tools to explain scientific concepts by making a working model every time.
4. Children will learn paper planes, foam sheet planes, balsa planes, helicopters, parachute, walk along gliders, rockets, ornithopters etc
5. Courses will also be conducted for advanced aeromodelling where children will make rubber band powered planes, understand and fly drones on simulator and actual ones.
6. Guidance is also available for various college projects along with material.
starting from 25 Dec 2016 at Baner