About the Course
This WCF workshop provides topics of interest for both beginners and advanced WCF developers. It starts with and an overview of what WCF is and how it enables to you to build, deploy and debug distributed applications. WCF is a generic communication mechanism that allows you to setup generic client/host communication between two parties. The neat thing about WCF is that is allows you to configure service properties such as transport (http/pipes/tcp/Tibco EMS), security models (any of the W3C standards), compression, encoding, timeouts, etc, without changing ANY code. That is powerful. Best of all, you can configure it so that you can have a service in C# and a client in Java (or any other language or the other way around), as long as they both talk using the same mechanisms.
Topics Covered• Introduction to WCF
• What is WCF?
• Advantages of WCF
• Difference between WCF and Web service
• WCF Service is composed of three components :
o Service Class
o Host Environment
• "ABC" of WCF
• Different bindings supported by WCF
• Different contracts in WCF
• What is endpoint?
• Creating simple application using WCF
• Calling WCF Service using Console Application
• Introduction to AJAX
• What is AJAX?
• How AJAX Works
• AJAX sample
Who should attendWorking professional in .Net technology and Engineering students
Pre-requisites• Attendees should have .Net experience, preferably with C# (C# will be used in all demos)
• A basic understanding of concepts like distributed applications, client server and web services
What you need to bring-
Key Takeaways• Learn what WCF is and what are the tools need to work with it
• Learn to build, deploy & debug distributed applications with WCF
• Understand how to work on WCF with AJAX and build application
• Understand possible concurrency issues and throttling possibilities for WCF services
• Get in touch with securing WCF services and transactions