About the Course
We have designed this course for people who are working in database management or in their day to day work they use UNIX shell scripts to automate the tasks.
Topics Covered1. Fundamentals of UNIX
• Understand the architecture of UNIX.
• Understanding the basics of Unix
• Details explanation of file Attributes
• Basic commands and concepts.
• Command Manuals
• Relative and Absolute Paths
• Environment variables.
• Basic of editor: vi
2. Introduction to vi- editor
3. Shell Scripting
• Shell Introduction
• Different types of shell
• What is Shell Scripting?
• Basics Shell scripts
• Interpolation, Types of variables, Operators, read variables, exit status etc
• Common commands used in shell script: substitution, quoting, flow controls, parameters,
• Shell scripting execution
• Variables and Parameters
• Loops, statements etc
4. Shell Scripting – Advanced I
• Function Introduction
• Input/output redirection
• Variables substitution
• Connect to third party application like: Oracle, FTP etc.
• Regular Expressions
• Industry experience sample scripts debugging
• Important commands and utilities like grep, find, awk, sed etc.
5. Shell Scripting – Advanced II
• Crontab and at command
• Job scheduling third party tools discussion
• Compress the files
• nohup and backend processes
• AWK utility in detail
Who should attend• People working in database management support role
• People who needs to work on UNIX Platform and want to make their career in administration tasks related to database or Operating System.
Pre-requisites• Knowledge of any Programming Language & Operating System
What you need to bringWe will provide you all the necessary things to learn the C Programming language, you don't need to bring anything with you for this course."
Key Takeaways• UNIX Architecture Knowledge.
• UNIX VI Editor
• UNIX Shell Scripting in-depth knowledge with real time examples.