About the Course
Java is Object Oriented Programming language.
Topics Covered1. An Introduction to Java • A Short History of Java
• Features of Java
• Comparison of Java and C++
• Java Tools And Editors(Appletviewer,Jar,Jdb)
• Java Environment.
2. An Overview of Java • Types of Comments.
• Built In Data Types.
• Variables and Constants(Final Keyword Related • Operators
• Memory Allocation Using new Operator.
• Output using println() method
• Control Statements.
• Arrays, static and dynamic
• Simple Java Program.
3. Objects and Classes • Defining Your Own Classes and Use of ‘this’ Ke• Using Predefined Classes
• Object the cosmic class
• Constructor and Overloading Constructors
• Method Parameters
• Static Fields and Methods
• Access Specifiers (public, protected, private, friendly(defualt))
• Creating Accesses and using Packages
• Wrapper Classes
• Garbage Collection(finalize() Method)
4. Inheritance (5)
• Inheritance Basics (extends Keyword) and Types of Inheritance
Superclass, and Subclass and use of Super Keyword
• Method Overriding and Use of final keyword related to method and class
• Use of Abstract class
5. Interfaces and Inner Classes (4)
• Defining and Implementing Interfaces
• Object Cloning
• Inner Classes
6. Exception Handling (5)
• Dealing Errors
• Catching exception and exception handling
• Creating user defined exception.
• Using assertion
7. Strings, Streams and Files. (8)
• String class and StringBuffer Class
• Stream classes
Byte Stream classes
Character Stream Classes
• Using the File class
• Creation of files
• Reading/Writing characters and bytes
• Handling primitive data types
• Random Access files
8. User Interface Components with AWT and Swing (11)
• What AWT ? What is Swing? Difference between AWT and Swing.
• The MVC Architecture and Swing
• Layout Manager and Layouts, The JComponent class
• Components -
Buttons and Labels (JButton, JLabel), Checkboxes and Radio Buttons
(JCheckBox and JRadioButton), Lists and Combo Boxes (JList and JCombo)
along with the JScrollPane Class, Menus – Jmenu and the JPopupMenu Class,
JMenuItem and JCheckBoxMenuItem, Scrollbars and Sliders(JScrollBar and
JSlider), Dialogs (Message, confirmation, input (like file selection) and
options(like color chooser))
• Event Handling: Event sources, Listeners, Adapters, Anonymous class
9. Applet Programming (3)
• Applet Life Cycle.
• Applet HTML Tags.
• Passing parameters to Applet
• Repaint() and Update() method
Who should attendWho has this subject
Who wants to do carrier in Java
Pre-requisitesstudent should knows C language concepts but if haven't then we teach
What you need to bringNote book
Key TakeawaysGet All knowledge of Core Java Concepts