About the Course
The class presents the fundamentals of Chemistry which includes Theory, Concepts and Applications
- 30 Live interactive online sessions
- 5 Review sessions
- 5 Online test sessions
- Free online recorded sessions.
Personalized learning at the student's pace and convenience.
Topics Covered1. Introduction to Chemistry: The nature of chemistry, Matter, Measurements and units. (3 sessions, 1 hr each)
2. Atoms , Molecules and Ions: Atomic Theory, Structure of Atoms and Ionic Compounds. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
3. Stoichiometry: Chemical equations, Moles Concept, Mass relationships in equations, Calorimetry, Hess’s Law. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
4. Gaseous State: Properties of Gases, Gas laws and related problems (2 sessions, 1 hr each)
5. Periodic trends: Electronic Configuration, Periodic table, Periodic trends like atomic radii, ionization energy, electronegativity etc. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
6. Chemical Bonding: Lewis symbols, Ionic Bonding, Covalent bonding, electro negativity and Resonance (3 sessions, 1 hr each)
7. Solutions: Solution Concentration, Solubility, Effect of Temperature and pressure on solubility. (2 sessions, 1 hr each)
8. Organic and Biochemistry: Hydrocarbons, Functional groups, Proteins, Carbohydrates and Nucleic Acids. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
9. Review sessions: All the contents in the course (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
Who should attendThis course is tailor-made for High School students
Pre-requisitesNo prerequisites required.
What you need to bringNothing""
Key TakeawaysAt the end of the course the students are expected to be able to identify various elements and describe their properties. They should be able explain various theories and laws in chemistry and relate them to real time examples. They should be able to relate their knowledge in Periodic trends to chemical bonding facilitating them to deduce chemical structures of molecules.