Cognos is an IBM product which is designed for business users to monitor and manage business performance which includes business reporting & analysis, profitability measurement, budgeting, forecasting optimization and cost management.
Cognos 10 Online Training
Course Duration - 30hrs
Introduction to Data warehousing
• Introduction to Data warehousing?
• Introduction to Business Intelligence?
• Who needs Data warehousing?
• Why Data warehousing is required?
• Data warehousing Architecture
• Differ OLTP & OLAP?
• Data Mart –Need ,Advantages
• ETL - Process
• What is a Dimension?
• What are Facts?
• Star Schema?
• Snowflake Schema?
• Dimension Modeling?
• Slowly changing Dimensions?
• Conformed Dimension?
Cognos 8 BI
The entire Training will be on COGNOS 10 comparing with older version (Cognos 8.4)
About Cognos 10 BI
• Cognos Suit walk through
• Cognos Features, Need & Importance.
• Walk through elements on the screen
• Manage Folders(Public & My folders)
• How to Connect to different Data Source
• Import and Export of Package(Deployment)
• Set up Scheduling of Reports
Frame Work Manager
• Introduction about Frame work Manager
• Workflow of Frame work Manager
• Designing a Project
• Working with Data Sources
• Designing and preparing Metadata Model
• Working With Packages
• About Ad-hoc Reports
• Reporting using Query Studio (List, Crosstab, Chart Reports & others)
• Working with Data ( Applying Filters, Prompts & Calculations, Sorting, Grouping &Sections ……)
New Features in Cognos 10
• Business Insight
• Business Insight Advanced
• Active Reports
Overview of Cognos 8 Components & comparison with cognos10
Introduction to Report Studio
• Type of Report Templates
• Creating List, Crosstab, Chart & Others Reports
• Introduction to Filters(creating, editing &removing filters)
• Parameters & Prompts (Definition, Creating prompt Page& Usage of Multiple prompts in Reports)
• Formatting Reports(Fonts, styles, Header &Footers …)
• Types of Prompts (Select& search ,Tree, generated prompt, Date, Time……)
Cognos 10 Advanced Reporting Topics
• Conditional Blocks – Need ,usage
• Conditional Formatting
• Complex Reports (Master Detailed, Drill Through reports)
• Introduction to Query Explorer (Building reports using queries, joins…)
• How to use HTML & JAVA scripts in Reports-Need ,Importance
• Many more Advanced Reports
• Import & Export XML Reports
• Open Reports from XML
• Creating , Editing Queries
• Workflow of how report runs in backend.
• How to create portal Pages
• About Analysis Studio
• Insert Data
• Explore Data
• Types of Reports
• Drill up & Drill down for Detail
• Introduction to Event Studio
• Discuss Event Studio window
• Events, Agents, Tasks..
Real Time Scenarios & Many More……
Students who are willing to learn Cognos through online.