About the Course
The class covers the fundamentals Biology which includes theory, concepts and applications.
Personalized learning at the student’s pace and convenience.
- 40 Live interactive online sessions
- 5 Review sessions
- 5 Online test sessions
- Free online recorded sessions.
- Self explanatory power points with each topic.
- Regular assessments through online tests.
- Solving and discussion of tests and quizzes.
- Concept wise clearing of doubts.
- Exposure to practical techniques as much as possible
Topics Covered1. Cells: Cell theory, Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells, Structure and function of Cell organelles, Cell cycle. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
2.Chemistry of Life: Chemical elements and water, Biomolecules-Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fats, Nucleic Acids (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
3.Genetics: Chromosomes, Genes, alleles and Mutations, Mendelian genetics, Mitosis, Meiosis, Genetic engineering and Biotechnology. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
4.Ecology and Evolution: Communities and ecosystem, Green house effect, Population, evolution and classification. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
5. Human Physiology: Digestion, Transport System, Immune System, Respiration, Nerves, Hormones and Homeostatsis, Reproduction (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
6. Nucleic Acids & Proteins: DNA &RNA Structure, DNA Replication, Transcription and translation, Mutation, Proteins and Enzymes (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
7. Cell respiration and Photosynthesis: Cell Respiration and Photosynthesis (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
8. Neurobiology and behavior: Stimulus and response, Perception of stimuli, innate and learned behavior, Neurotransmitters and synapses. (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
9. Review: All the contents in the course (5 sessions, 1 hr each)
Who should attendThis course is tailor-made for High School students with International Curriculum
Pre-requisitesNo prerequisites required.
What you need to bringNothing
Key TakeawaysAt the end of the course, the students would be able to understand the dynamics of life, establish relationship between cells, their structure, respiration, and genetics and evolution.They would be able to learn the basics of human physiology especially Neurology and human behavioural science which are not normally offered as part of the course.