About the Course
Classes on Tue, Thurs, Sat 9:30 am to 12:30 p.m. Fees Rs. 5000 for 12 sessions. Complimentary Functional Fitness classes Tue, Thurs, Sat 8:00 am to 9:15 am. Functional Fitness and Yoga sessions are also stand alone classes that can be availed separately at Rs. 1500 for 12 sessions each. Lessons provided will include:
1) Actor's physical training for body control with functional fitness, boxing, yoga, dance (Contemporary/Break/Bboying/Bollywood) and gymnastics. All Equipment installed at Tutor's place viz gymnastic rings, pull up bar, punching bag, speed bag, resistance bands, boxing gloves, yoga mat and empty floor space for dance and functional training.
2) Actor's inner workings, imagination, concentration, improvizations, scene work, red nose clowning, character development etc. using method acting and Stanislavsky's system.
There is also a focus on psychology and students can expect to glean insights into their own inner mechanisms which will then produce varied characters from within themselves.
3) Camera Work and immediate review on Editing Suite for continuous improvement.
Topics CoveredImagination and Foundation work Progression
- Getting rid of inhibitions using standard theatre tools and Red Nose Clowning exercises.
- Ability and confidence to go on the floor without thinking or getting stuck.
-Improvization with Imaginary object (Aim is not miming but to stimulate imagination, concentration and detailing.)
-Improvization with personal injury (Introduction to creating history and background)
-Improvization with imaginary partner (Stimulate action reaction process)
-Ability to executive one creative idea after another without pausing. (Relaxed and free flow of the mind)
-Improvization with Sleeping Partner (Introduction to relationships and interactions)
-Improvization with Partner (Existing Conditions, action reaction)
-Scene work (Amalgamation of characterization, understanding of subtext and actor's creativity)
-Audition/Monologue in front of camera.
-Scene work for camera and Short films for proper understanding of camera angles and the workings of Film Grammar.
Physical work throughout the course
- Understanding the body and movement.
- Functional fitness and conditioning
- Dance (Bollywood, Contemporary, Break, Bboying)
- Gymnastics basics (For action in films)
- Boxing basics
- Diet and Nutrition
Who should attendAnybody of any age desirous of learning the Actor's craft and inner motivations of self through Method Acting and Stanislavsky's System.
Pre-requisitesA passionate dedication.
What you need to bringTowel, water, Yoga Mat, Snacks, Change of clothes (After Physical sessions)""
Key TakeawaysConfidence in Life and performance Space. Enhanced Creativity, Healthy and fit lifestyle, Attractive personality.