About the Course
The web and the internet has changed the way we access information, learn and teach, do business and stay in touch with friends and family.
A key component of the web ecosystem is a website, which in turn, is a collection of web pages. Web pages can carry a wide variety of content including applications that are known as web applications. The course comprises:
Topics CoveredHTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
• Introduction to HTML
• Basic structure of HTML
• Formatting tags in HTML
• Working with Table Tags
• Introduction to PHPScript
• Looping statement in PHPScript
• Working with Predefined functions
• Maintaining Validations in PHPScript
• Working with Different types of Mouse Events
• PHP's role in the WWW
• Language fundamentals
• PHP Basics
• Variable rules
• Storing & retrieving information in variables
• Decision making in PHP
• Comparison operators
• The if construct
• The while construct
• The for construct
• Working with arrays
• Declaring functions
• Passing data by reference
• Variable scope in PHP
• Working with web forms
• PHP POST & GET form elements
• Embedding forms with PHP code
• Validating form data
• Guidelines for secure PHP
• Understanding magic quotes
• Setting default values in forms
• Processing uploaded files
• Retrieving uploaded files
• PHP session handling
• PHP cookie handling
• Handling date & time
• Working with files in PHP
• Reading & writing files with PHP
• Handling errors
• A brief history of databases
• Relational database concepts
• Database tables
• MySQL Data types
• Introduction to P HPMyadmin
• Creating and Checking Tables
• Auto_increment and Primary Keys
• Inserting Values into Tables
Mini Project with PHP and MySQL
• Creation of database and required tables using PHPMyadmin.
• Creation of required templates, pages and managing site using IDE-
• Keeping structure, style and behavior of created pages apart.
• Creating login and logout pages for maintaining sessions.
• Creating forms to insert data into address book-personal details, image
• Creating page to view the data from address book.
• Adding PHPScript for form validation.
• Adding server side validation.
• Adding mouse events like mouseout and mouseover dynamically.
• Creating page to edit or delete the records in the address book.
• Creating page to enable searching the address book.
Introduction to Ajax
• What is ajax
• Connecting to server using PHPScript
• Downloading data behind scenes
• Modifying web pages on the fly
• Creating an XMLHttpRequest Object in different browsers
• Checking the XMLHttpRequest Object's readyState property
• Checking the XMLHttpRequest Object's status property
• Getting Your Data With the XMLHttpRequest Object
• Problems creating an XMLHttpRequest Object
• Fetching Text Data From the server
• Using the text data received through XMLHttpRequest
Who should attendAnyone who wishes to learn web development
Pre-requisitesFor web development class, it can be basic knowledge of website designing.
What you need to bringPen and notebook""
Key Takeaways* Learn fundamentals of the world wide web and web page design
* Publish your own web page
* Interact with industry professionals, who shall deliver and manage the program