(e) Accounting as a measurement discipline –valuation principles, accounting estimates
2. Accounting Process:Books of Accounts leading to the preparation of Trial Balance, Capital and revenue expenditures,Capital and revenue receipts, Contingent assets and contingent liabilities, Fundamental errors including rectifications thereof.
3. Bank Reconciliation Statement
4. Inventories:Basis of inventory valuation and record keeping.
5. Depreciation accounting:Methods, computation and accounting treatment of depreciation, Change in depreciation methods.
6. Preparation of Final Accounts for Sole Proprietors
7. Accounting for Special Transactions
(b) Joint Ventures
(c) Bills of exchange and promissory notes
(d) Sale of goods on approval or return basis.
8. Partnership Accounts:Final accounts of partnership firms –Basic concepts of admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill.
9. Introduction to Company Accounts:Issue of shares and debentures, forfeiture of shares, reissue of forfeited shares, redemption of preference shares