GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is a Computer Adaptive Test, designed to evaluate a candidate’s quantitative, verbal, reasoning, analytical, reading & writing skills. GMAT is conducted in Standard written English. The main objective of taking GMAT is to get an Admit into the top or well-reputed Graduate Management Programs such as MBA or Master Programs. GMAT is conducted by GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council), which is the global non-profit Council of Business Schools. GMAC started conducting the exam since 1953.
Computer Adaptive Test… What is it all about?
GMAT follows a ‘Computer Adaptive Test‘ format that works according to the test taker’s ability level. If you answer the first question correctly, the next question presented to you will be of higher difficulty level. Similarly, if you answer the initial question incorrectly, the next question presented to you will be of easier difficulty level. So, the difficulty level of questions highly depends on the accuracy of your previous answer. This type of Testing is also known as Tailored Testing, as it is tailored according to the caliber of the examinee.
In 2013 alone, 2,30,000+ candidates took GMAT all over the world, with 22,800+ candidates in India alone! But what makes GMAT so popular amidst other exams like GRE and CAT?
MBA is one of the biggest and toughest decisions for any professional today. As MBA involves a lot of investment in terms of time, money and effort, good planning and right implementation is required to get an admit into a B-school of your choice.
GMAT Application Procedure:
Steps to Register for GMAT:
- Visit www.mba.com.
- Click the tab on the top right - ‘Take the GMAT Exam’ and register with all the required information such as your personal details, educational details, your choice of B-Schools, Career goals, etc.
- Once you are registered, go to the GMAT Exam Scheduling Section.
- Select the option – Schedule a GMAT Appointment and then Find a Test Center to choose your Test Location. Once done, you will receive an option to choose 3 Test Centers.
- Once you choose the respective Test centre, you can see the dates and the time slot available to book your Test.
- Once you select the date, you need to make a payment of USD 25 to finish the Registration Procedure for GMAT.
- Apart from Online Registration, you can also register your Test through email, fax or Phone.
GMAT Application Fee:
The cost for taking the GMAT is USD 250.
Have a Question?
Thousands of expert tutors are available to answer your question
Looking for GMAT Coaching classes?
Find best GMAT Coaching classes in your locality on UrbanPro.