About the Course
“Luck favors those who are prepared” At Study smart we aim at getting every student fully prepared to crack the TOEFL Exam so that nothing is left to “a chance”. Study Smart is a premier TOEFL training institute with years of experience in teaching students from various backgrounds who primarily aim at studying abroad. We believe in continuously reinventing ourselves and improving our training methods as per the latest trends. Our experienced trainers make use of various multimedia tools, technology and proprietary training material to deliver the best in its class training. Your dreams are our dreams and we leave no stone unturned to make it into reality!
Topics CoveredReading Section
• Identifying the topic/theme
• How to read effectively & efficiently.
• Managing time between reading and responding.
• Understanding academic vocabulary
• Comprehending high edged vocabulary
• How to scan, skim & paraphrase.
• Planning, organizing & writing ideas coherently.
• Use varied vocabulary at the right time in the right place.
• Essay Writing skills
• Sentence formation
• Comprehending variety of accents, tone modulations & voices.
• Classifying & categorizing information
• Understanding ideas & special factual information
• Inferring the context, purpose and tone.
• Speaking fluently & clearly
• Modulating your tone
• Forming short sentences
• Expressing & justifying opinions
• Organizing oral presentation
• Effective vocabs
Who should attendThis course is for students from regional language backgrounds other than English whose primary objective is to study abroad and are preparing to sit for a formal systemic test of their English proficiency, such as TOEFL.
What you need to bringNote book and an aptitude for learning!
Key TakeawaysStudents who successfully complete this course will have developed the English language skills and the test-taking strategies to help them undertake formal tests of their English proficiency on all four components. They will learnt he following:
• Test structure, type and style of questions.
• Test directions and time management for the different sections.
• Reading and Listening strategies for speedy comprehension.
• Writing strategies to fulfill actual exam requirements.
• Speaking strategies to respond appropriately in the oral interview.