About the Course
Beginning 19th May 2014, Eminent Chess Academy would be conducting Summer Chess Coaching Camp for Beginners and Intermediate/Advance students in the age-group 4+ to 15.
The camp will be from 19th May, 2014 till 13th June, 2014 (Weekday classes except Saturdays and Sundays) with session of 90 minutes each. There will be separate batches for Beginners and Intermediate/Advance students (strength: 20 students/ batch, maximum).
The students would be able to complete the beginner’s syllabus in this camp and would be eligible to participate in local tournaments conducted by state association and affiliated academies.
The students enrolled for the Intermediate/Advance course will be provided with best coaching (Opening, Middle-game and Endgame) by Certified FIDE (World Chess Federation) Coaches and State/National Champions.
Topics CoveredBeginner Level:
1. HISTORY + INTRODUCTION.
2. INTRODUCTION OF THE PIECES : ROOK, BISHOP, QUEEN AND KING, PAWN AND KNIGHT.
3. CHECK, CHECK MATE, STALE MATE and OTHER WAYS TO DRAW.
4. THE CASTLE.
5. THE 'EN PASSANT'.
6. THE ALGEBRAIC NOTATION.
7. INTRODUCTION OF THE OPENINGS.
8. INTRODUCTION OF THE MIDDLE GAME.
9. INTRODUCTION OF THE ENDGAME.
2. REVISION-CHECK, CHECK MATE, STALE MATE, PIECE VALUE, CASTLE.
3. REVISION- OF THE CLOCK, THE ALGEBRAIC NOTATION.
4. OPENINGS, THE MIDDLE GAME AND THE ENDGAME.
5. THE FORK AND THE SKEWER.
6. THE DOUBLED PAWN AND THE PIN.
7. OPENED FILE AND THE BATTERY.
8. THE DISCOVERED CHECK, THE WINDMILL, ELASTICITY TECHNIQUE, THE X RAY, THE FINISHING SACRIFICE.
9. BASIC CHECKMATES AND THE SQUARE METHOD, THE OPPOSITION TECHNIQUE.
10. BISHOP STRONGER THAN THE KNIGHT AND VICE VERSA.
11. DOUBLED PAWN AND PASSED PAWN.
12. Other Important aspects of chess.
Who should attendStudents who love chess and willing to learn. Students who are career oriented in Chess like IM, GM, FM
Pre-requisitesStudent must be 4+ as on 01.01.2014 for the beginners level.
What you need to bringA notebook to write lessons.""
Key TakeawaysBasics of Chess, Openings, Middle-game, End-game and techniques.