About the Course
Taxation (Direct tax and Indirect tax) as amended by the ICAI, applicable for NOV/ DEC 2016 examination.
BBA examination held by CCS University Meerut.
PGDM examination by autonomous institute or other.
Topics CoveredPart I: Income-tax (50 marks)
1. Important definitions in the Income-tax Act, 1961
2. Basis of charge; rates of taxes applicable for different types of assessees
3. Concepts of previous year and assessment year
4. Residential status and scope of total income; Income deemed to be received / deemed to accrue or arise in India
5. Incomes which do not form part of total income
6. Heads of income and the provisions governing computation of income under different heads
7. Income of other persons included in assessee’s total income
8. Aggregation of income; set-off or carry forward and set-off of losses
9. Deductions from gross total income
10. Computation of total income and tax payable; rebates and reliefs
11. Provisions concerning advance tax and tax deducted at source
12. Provisions for filing of return of income.
Part II: Indirect Taxes (50 marks)
To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of the different types of indirect taxes and to acquire the ability to analyse the significant provisions of service tax.
1. Introduction to excise duty, customs duty, central sales tax and VAT – Constitutional aspects, Basic concepts relating to levy, taxable event and related provisions
2. Significant provisions of service tax
(i) Constitutional Aspects
(ii) Basic Concepts and General Principles
(iii) Charge of service tax including negative list of services
(iv) Point of taxation of services
(v) Exemptions and Abatements
(vi) Valuation of taxable services
(vii) Invoicing for taxable services
(viii) Payment of service tax
(x) Furnishing of returns
(xi) CENVAT Credit [Rule 1 -9 of CENVAT Credit Rules, 2004]
Who should attendCA IPCC students, CS Executive students , CWA Inter students
PGDM students, BBA students, BCOM/ MCOM students
Pre-requisitesGet earlier registration, Registration fee 500/-
What you need to bringStudy material or notes, provided at our hand.
Key TakeawaysGain expert knowledge in the field of taxation.