About the Course
This course will teach the Technical capabilities and Artistic potentials of Editing and Post processing. This workshop goes beyond the usual Film Editing classes which teach only how to operate Editing Software.
In this workshop, you will learn the various process involved in the post production department such as creating a work space, understanding resolutions & frame rates, setting up your project, developing your editing skills, art of cuts, usage of special effects, sending projects to D.I,, EDL Confirming and lots more.
As a part of the workshop, each student will be given video footages to edit. Their output will be reviewed and improvements will be suggested. Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve 12 software will be used in the class.
Reference to equivalent commands of Final Cut Pro will be explained.
This workshop is for anyone who wants to learn Film Editing and Post Production processes. Upcoming Editors, Assistant Directors, Viscomm students, Short film makers and Documentary film makers will benefit greatly from this workshop. Knowing the capabilities of GOOD editing will help you make better films...
There will be a class every Thursday from 7 - 9pm.
We also have a weekend course.
Topics CoveredWHAT YOU ARE GOING TO LEARN
- Introduction to Digital cinema
- Art of Editing
- Art of Cuts and Transitions
- The Various methods of editing
- Setting up your professional workspace
- Identifying and Solving the Technical issues
- Time management
- Analyzing and Interpreting the script
- Building up your editing skills
- Creating a Montage sequences
- Multi camera editing
- Title design
- Post processing
- Resolution & Frame rates
- Exporting to various mediums
- Audio editing
- Usage of Plugins
- Exporting project to D.I
- Basics of Color grading
- The art of visual Story telling
- Interacting with Directors and getting their vision in images and sound
Who should attendFilm students
Documentary film makers
Independent film makers
Film and video editors
Pre-requisites* Must have access to PC or Laptop with any editing software
What you need to bringNotebook and pen""
Key Takeaways* Will be able to edit any Video, Short film or Commercial Film.
* Will be abe to work as Editing assistant at Videography companies and Film Editing Labs