Address: #72 S.N. Banerjee Road , Entally Kolkata - 700014
Locality: Entally (Find more Entally schools)
Landmark: Near Moulali Crossing
Phone: +91-33-22651531, +91-33-2265-0385,
The Calcutta Boys’ School was founded by James Mills Thoburn, D.D., LL.D., Bishop of the Methodist Episcopal Church, and was opened in 1877. The School was endowed by the late Sir Robert Laidlaw (M.P. for East Renfrewshire, UK in 1906-1910 & founder of the great business house Whiteaway, Laidlaw, and Co.) and others interested in the cause of education and philanthropy. Initially located at Motts’ Lane, and then housed in a room in the Whiteaway Laidlaw building (presently the Life Insurance Building at the crossing of the S. N. Bannerjee Road and the Jawaharlal Nehru Road.), the School shifted to its present site on S.N. Bannerjee Road (Corporation Street) in 1893.
* Music Room
Calcutta Boys’ School provides education for boys from Nursery (age 4+) to Class Twelve (age 18+). It is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi, and prepares students for the Indian Certificate for Secondary Education Examination (10 year course) and the Indian School Certificate Examination (12 Year Course). The School is recognized by the Government of West Bengal through the Deputy Director of School education, Anglo- Indian Schools.
Please click on the photo to see a larger version.
Do you have a photo for this school?Upload it now!