This class covers the key concepts from Product Management domain in the context of building products at startups.
* Product Definition - How Fluid or Concrete should it be?
* Product Roadmap - Do startups need one too?
* Product Thinking - Do you think in terms of Input or Output? Effort or Impact?
* Goal - Is each step of your directed at maximizing overall business value?
* Strategy - Is you business more of a Product play or Brand play or Execution play?
* Focus - Are you focused on the product you are building or the solution you are creating?
* Planning - How well are you thinking out execution and business sustainability?
Who should attend:
* Startup founders or core team members from a technical/project management background.
* Non-entrepreneurs who want to launch product startups.
Note: This is not a very specialized workshop. If nobody from your team is from a product management background, then it would make sense for one person at least to attend this, preferably the decision maker.
Participants are expected to have some knowledge of the Indian startup scene. We would be taking up examples and discussing them in the context of topics listed above.
What you need to bring:
Nothing exactly, a laptop/phone with internet access would be nice to have.
You would have a better understanding of your product's market fit, a good handle on the existing gaps and relative clarity about the possible strategic options going forward. You would have fewer gaps between your engineering/technical effort and the needs of your business team/customers.