Unlock the mysteries of space with ScienceUtsav’s Astro Rangers Astronomy Summer Camp 2016.
Astro-Rangers module is an introduction to the wonderful world of Astronomy. Participants understand about the mystifying world of space, stars and planets.
Working models help generate interest and the brainstorming and group discussions are held along with role plays help in retention of what has been learnt. There is ample time for questions, quizzes and puzzles to ensure each kid participates and understands the concept well.
· Hands on activities and demonstrations to visualize the way the celestial bodies move in the universe
· Sky gazing apps to unravel the mysteries of the various constellations and stars we see in the night sky
· Working models to know how the movements of Sun, Moon and Earth have an impact on each other
· Take home toys like sun dial, moon dial, etc to understand the solar and the lunar cycle
· Design your own constellations to appreciate the way our ancestors were able to see the night sky
· Games and activities to understand the structure of the Earth
· Innovative activities to understand the Globe and the formation of continents
· Story of amazing stars and constellations
· Map reading in a fun way
· Treasure hunt as teams
· Logical games and puzzles to longitudes and latitudes of the Earth
· Patterns in constellations, Basics of astronomical units, Nomenclature of stars,
Patterns in constellations, Basics of astronomical units, Nomenclature of stars, Sizes of various stars, Variation in brightness of stars, Relational star gazing
Who should attend
Category 1 Juniors - Going to Grade 3, 4 and 5
Category 2 Seniors - Going to Grade 6, 7 and 8
Duration: 2 hours/day
Combo Half day with Fun Science Readers
Student’s kit Tool kit, Stationeries, Activity kits for all experiments
kids will be taught from basics
What you need to bring
All the required materials will be provided by us.""
Kids wil learn concepts of science in fun way and can take home the prepared working models.