About the Course
This Advanced Microsoft Excel training class is designed for students to gain the skills necessary to work with advance formulae and functions. Trainees will learn in depth knowledge about excel advanced formulae and functions.
Topics CoveredSession 01 - Working with Advanced Functions
• Using the IF
• Nesting IF
• Multiple Conditions with the IF
• Using Table Lookup
• Using Table HLookup
• Using Table VLookup
• Using Index, Match
• Using Exact, Choose
• Using SumProduct
• Using String (Concatenate, Case, Proper, Substitute, Replace, Left, Right)
• Using Round, Floor, Ceiling
• Using Find, Search, IsError
• Using IsError, IfError
• Using Left and Right
• Combination above Functions
Session 02 - Working with Data
• Importing Data from a Text File
• Importing Data from xml file
• Importing Data from Access Database
• Converting Text to Columns
• Using Flash Fill
• Working with Hypertext Links
Session 03 - PivotTables
• Understanding PivotTables
• Creating a PivotTable using Worksheet Data
• Creating a PivotTable using an External Data Connections
• Laying out a PivotTable on a Worksheet
• Modifying PivotTable Fields
• Using a Report Filter
• Refreshing a PivotTable
• Formatting a PivotTable
Session 04 - Enhancing PivotTables
• Working with Summary Functions
• Sorting Items in a PivotTable
• Creating a Slicer
• Grouping Data
• Using a Timeline
• Applying Label and Value Filters
• Creating a Calculated Field
• Creating a Calculated Item
• Creating Charts from PivotTables
Session 05 - PivotChart
• Understanding PivotChart Wizard
• Creating a PivotChart Wizard using Worksheet Data
• Creating a PivotChart using an External Data Connections
• Refreshing a PivotChart
Session 06 - Data Analysis Tools
• Creating Scenarios
• Working with Scenarios
• Using Goal Seek
• Using One-Input Data Tables
• Using Two-Input Data Tables
• Understanding Solver
• Defining a Problem
• Solving a Problem
• Generating a Report of Results and Alternate Solutions
Session 07 - Shared Workbook
• Working with Shared Workbooks
• Configuring a Workbook for Shared Use
• Highlighting Tracked Changes
• Working in a Shared Workbook
• Reviewing Shared Workbook Changes
• Removing a Workbook from Shared Use
• Merging Workbooks
Session 08 - Working with Lists
• Converting a List to a Table
• Removing Duplicates from a List
• Sorting Data in a List
• Filtering Data in a List
• Adding Subtotals to a List
• Grouping and Ungrouping Data in a List
Session 09 - Data Validation & Conditional Formatting in Depth
• Data Validation
=>Validate Mobile number
=>Cascading data list
• Conditional Formatting in Depth
Who should attendAnyone who is looking to learn Excel Advanced formulae and functions. Who wants to automate their company excel work with formulae and functions without any further Excel Advanced formulae and functions training from their supervisor.
Pre-requisites1 ) Student should have basic computer knowledge like working in Windows, Just they should know about logon to the system.
2) Experience with Excel Basic (Ribbon, Tabs and Commands)
Student can contact me 1 or 2 days before the workshop, I will send the link for online teaching software and make his/her system ready to run the class smoothly.
What you need to bringAs It is class room session, Students should bring good Laptop, notepad, pen.
Laptop should have Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 OS installed.
If they miss two or three of the sessions / topics, can reach me, I will take separate class to cover the missing sessions.
Key TakeawaysMy training will focus with practical example of Advanced formulae and functions.
Students will gather more knowledge about Advanced formulae and functions..
Students able to make professional looking excel with Advanced formulae and functions independently.
Students able to debug their formulae and functions and fix the bugs independently.
Students can directly work Advanced formulae and functions without any further excel formulae and functions training from their supervisor / company