About the Course
This course explores the possibility of making jewels out of clay, bringing out different textures, impressions, shapes and embedding objects into clay to create your own unique hand-made necklace, bracelets or earrings.
The most creative and time consuming part comes in bringing out the desired shape and impression, type of looping and its beading finish. During the course you could use collectibles such as broken glass pieces, metal pieces, sequins or small beads from old jewellery.
Topics CoveredIntroduction to the types of clay used in Jewellery
• Observation, drawing the required design and texture
• Moulding , shaping , texture , bead holing and embedding in clay
• Painting the baked jewels
• Making clasps, earrings, tying knots, looping
• Functional application of the tools and materials
Jewels covered during the training are as follows:
Pendants - 5 types (Peacock shaped pendant included)
Loreal - 3 types
Necklace - 2 types
Jhumkas - 3 types
Beads - 10 types
Bracelet - 2 types
Bangle - 2 types
Earring - 5 types
Stud - 3 types
Who should attendAnyone who is passionate towards designing jewels for themselves and others who want to make a business out of it.
Pre-requisitesNone. Even the very basic Jewellery making technique will be covered during the training.
What you need to bringNone. Raw materials and tools required will be provided during the class
Key Takeaways* Jewels made during the class
* Terracotta jewellery making notes for future reference
* CD containing Terracotta jewellery images
* Clay baking is not a big deal. Information about the availability of Baking machine for purchase will be shared during the class
* Marketing tips to emerge successful in Jewellery making business
Bangalore Clay is available for sale post-training.