About the Course
Stakeholder management has long been a challenge that has led to the failure of many projects. A key project success factor is managing stakeholder expectations and effectively managing their needs and wants, and in managing broader groups of stakeholders such as customers and the general public who are affected by the implementation of the project.
During this "Stakeholder Management" course you will learn how to identify key stakeholders and define their roles, establish how committed are they to the project, align and prioritize stakeholder requirements to business and organizational objectives, and gain 'buy-in'.
The course will cover communications techniques such as dealing with organizational politics and resolving conflict and managing expectations that can't be met, as well as ongoing management issues such as selling the project, maintaining commitment and status reporting.
Topics Covered1. Introduction
• Who are stakeholders?
• Stakeholder categories
• The role of key stakeholders
• Stakeholder identification
3. Understanding stakeholder expectation
• How committed are they to the project?
• Getting buy-in
• Stakeholder requirements analysis
• Aligning stakeholder requirements to business and organizational objectives
• Prioritizing stakeholder requirements and expectations.
• Getting approval to proceed with the project
4. Communication techniques
• Common communications barriers and "filters"
• Dealing with organization politics
• Managing external stakeholders such as suppliers,regulators and the public
• Resolving conflict
• Managing difficult stakeholders.
• Managing expectations that can't be met
5. Ongoing management of stakeholder expectations
• Selling the project
• Maintaining the commitment
• Reaching out to the public or customers
• Internal status reporting
6. Course wrap up discussion: Applying the principles to the workplace
Who should attendThe Workshop is specific to Android developers who want deeper knowledge of the The course will assist operational personnel, project managers, program managers and directors, product development professionals, business representatives, and organizational line managers improve the success rate of their projects by effective stakeholder management. program.
What you need to bringNA