About the Course
Managing requirements efficiently is the first firm step to ensuring success in a project. Understanding the needs of the customer, determining the scope of any project is vital to controlling the project.
In this "Requirements Engineering" course, participants will learn to document the initial scope of the project and then direct, monitor, and control the scope through requirements management techniques. Participants will gain the ability to manage triple constraints of costs, time and scope, and risks associated with on-going scope creep because of requirements changes.
This workshop, through sharing of experiences, will help Project Managers/Leads get a better understanding of
• difference between requirements and scope
• tools and techniques for managing requirements
• importance of communication in requirements management
• importance of the Requirements Management role in project success
Topics Covered1. Introduction
• SMART Requirements
• Why are assumptions required?
• No constraints?
• Requirements Vs Scope
• Communicate requirements
• Structured walk-throughs
3. Traceability and Coverage
4. Tools and Techniques
• Traceability Tools
• Features, Use Cases, Requirements
5. Change Control
• Stakeholder identification
• Scope creep
• Expectation setting
• Communication channels
• Non-functional requirements
7. Maintaining requirements for reuse
Who should attend• Project Managers
• Project Leads
• Team/Module Leads
• Business Analysts
What you need to bringNA