Workshop Overview :
Enterprise mobility enables a workforce to have instant access to information through mobile applications anywhere, anytime. People are fundamentally changing the way they work, and in order to remain competitive, organizations are making enterprise applications accessible through mobile devices. This training guides the participants on the conceptual theory of manual & automation testing of these Mobile Applications for various platforns and a practical demonstration of testing Android based Applications using a automation testing tool.
• Introduction to Mobile Applications
• Difference between Mobile Apps testing and Website Apps testing
• Various Types of testing involved in Mobile Application
• Challenges in Mobile application testing
• Test strategy for Mobile application testing
• Introduction of Mobile apps platforms
1. Mobile Application Overview
• How its different from other application testing ?
2. QA & Testing Challenges in the Mobile World
• Different screen sizes, operators, localization, hardware constraints etc.
3. Platform Overview (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
4. Mobile Test processes (An Introduction)
• Target automation testing on iphone/BlackBerry/Android.
• Emulator Testing - How to perform Testing on Android/iphone/BlackBerry
• Usability Testing for mobile applications - Parameters to be considered.
• Compatibility Testing - Test application compatibility on different platforms/devices
• Test Process
• Using both Agile and heavy-weight process
• Maximum flexibility in service, protocol, and end-to-end testing
5. Mobile Application Framework and Suites (An introduction to the various test suites)
6. Working with X-Code for iPhone
• Setting up users account
• Installation and configuration for iPhone
• Setting Preferences
• Adding user scripts
• Program Implementation
7. Introduction to Selenium
• Selenium IDE
• Test-Cases and Test-Suites
8. Testing for Android
• Setting Android Testing Environment
• Android Test Projects
• Android Test Case Classes
• Additional Android Assertions
• Mock Object Classes
• Touch and Key Events
• Testing and Threading Issues
• The Android Debug Bridge (adb) and the Android Emulator Console
• Installing and Uninstalling Apps
• Copying Files to and from the Emulator/Device
• Issuing Shell Commands on the Emulator/Device
• Viewing the System Log with adb logcat
• Emulator Runtime Images: User Data and SD Card
• Controlling Emulator Network Settings
• Emulating Telephony and SMS Events
• Emulating Geo Positioning
• The UI/Application Exerciser Monkey
• Use of Developer Options from test perspective
9. esting for iPhone
• Overview of See Test
• Coding using See Test
• Writing Simple Test case
• Executing and demonstrating the automation works on both iPhone and Android with same script
• Record & Playback, Remote testing, Cloud testing and Community testing tools
• Stress, Stability, Interaction, Interrupts and security testing
• Effective user stories and scenario based testing
Our Consultant, has over 14 years of experience in Software Testing and Development. He is currently heading a testing team with a leading corporate.
Our Consultant, has spent most of his career in testing Telecom, Telecom Devices, Mobile Devices and Mobile Applications. Pavan was previously employed with Samsung Mobile Centre, Motorola and many other leading telecom companies.
Our Consultant, is a passionate trainer and has delivered trainings on various subjects like Mobile Applications Testing, iPhone Testing, Android Testing, Blackberry Testing, Windows Phone Testing, Telecom related subjects, etc.