Course Overview & Benefits:
Cloud computing is reshaping the IT marketplace and is becoming the next industry buzz word. The Cloud is changing not just the technology landscape but also the entire nature of the business models that underpin successful 21st century companies. This disruptive technology, with massive growth forecasts expected in the short term around the world, has a great deal to offer: achieving higher scale at lower costs or eliminating data centre capital in favor of a "pay-as-you-go" model are some of those great entrepreneurial opportunities that can be seized.
Cloud computing is revolutionizing all aspects of IT, including hardware, operating systems and applications. Faced with a rapidly changing business environment, organizations are under pressure to respond with a flexible IT infrastructure and applications. In this course, you gain the key knowledge and experience required to leverage both the business and technical benefits of cloud computing.
By attending this course participants will learn:
• Thoroughly assess the architectures, components, operation and tools of cloud computing
• Leverage leading cloud computing vendors including Force.com, Microsoft Azure, Google and Amazon, for business and their solutions for business advantage
• Exploit Software as a Service (SaaS) to optimize cost and resources
• How to create,deploy and secure applications and services with Platform as a Service (PaaS)
• Select and commission a computing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Design a cloud implementation strategy that minimizes the security and migration risks for your organization
1. The principles of Cloud computing
a) Understand the concept of Cloud computing
• What is Cloud computing
• What is virtualization
• The main types of Cloud computing
b) Know the evolution of Cloud computing
• The main concepts from which Cloud computing developed
• The role of network and servers in Cloud computing
• The role of the Internet in Cloud computing
• The role of Virtualizationin Cloud computing
• The role of managed services in Cloud computing
c) Understand the Cloud computing architectures
• The Service Oriented Architecture
• The Tiered, Multipurpose and the Datacenter architecture
d) Understand the concept of Cloud computing
• Identify the main benefits of Cloud computing
• Identify the main limitations of Cloud computing
2. Using the Cloud
a) Know how users can access the Cloud
• How to access Web Applications through a Web Browser
• What is virtualization
b) The use of a Thin Client
c) The use of mobile devices to access the Cloud
• The basic platforms available for mobile operating devices
• The role of standard applications in collaboration
• The main benefits and limitations of mobile access to the Cloud
3. Security and Identity Management
a) Understand the security risks of Cloud computing and knows mitigating measures
• The essential elements of security in the cloud (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability)
• The standard measures for authorized use (Authentication, Authorization and Accountability)
• The main security risks for the three types of virtualized environments
b) Understand identity management in the Cloud
• The use of Federation
• The use of presence data
• The main aspects of Identity management
c) Describe privacy and compliance issues and safeguards in Cloud computing
4. Implementing and Managing Cloud computing
a) Understand the building of Local Cloud Networks
• The benefits and cost elements of a local cloud environment
• The main components of a local cloud environment and how they are interconnected
• The risks of connecting a local cloud network to the public internet
b) Understand supporting the use of Cloud computing
• The use of Virtual Private Network access to a Local Area Network
• The use of scripting and content-formatting languages and provide examples of such languages
• Approaches for back-up and recovery in an environment using Cloud computing
c) The candidate knows the main standards and protocols in Cloud computing
• The main objectives and benefits of using standards in Cloud computing
• The role of international and industrial standard organizations
• WBEM, DMFT, SMI-S, SMASH, HTTP
• The use of security protocols (IPSec, OpenID)
5. Evaluation of Cloud computing
a) Understand the business case for Cloud computing
• The costs and possible savings of Cloud computing
• The main operational and staffing benefits of Cloud computing
• The evaluation of service providers and their services in Cloud computing
• Anyone seeking to exploit the benefits of cloud computing technologies.
• A basic familiarity with Microsoft, Windows, the Internet and the Web is helpful.
Our consultant is an MTech and Doctorate in Management Studies with a total of 12 years experience. She is a CompTIA certified cloud trainer and EXIN accredited cloud certification trainer.
Our consultant has published and presented the following technical papers on various conferences & won several awards & accolades:
1. "Cloud Security as a tool and as the next best business strategy"
2. "The effect Cloud Security on the traditional business model"
3. "Cloud Security services, providers, and Indian initiatives for low cost cloud Security"
4. "Performance Solutions for Modernization of Legacy Systems"
5. "A Device sensitive, Dynamic, Multi Layered Security Model for Cloud Security"
Our consultant is a passionate trainer and has delivered corporate trainings to various clients like L&T, IBM, Airtel, Microsoft, Deutsche Bank, Honeywell and many more on various subjects like Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Advanced Networks Technology & Management, Advanced computer architecture and algorithm, Operating Systems, Advanced Digital Communication, Information security, Network Programming, Parallel Computing and Distributed Computing, Computer Organization and Architecture, Algorithms, Cryptography, Data Mining and Data Warehousing.
Our consultant has also published two research papers in International conferences and is a visiting Professor for several eputed Colleges & Universities.