Business analysis as a discipline has a heavy overlap with requirements analysis sometimes, but focuses on identifying the changes to an organization that are required for it to achieve strategic goals.
This program will look at the Business Analyst job role, it's importance and advocates that everyone in the project need to wear a BA hat.
This workshop, through sharing of experiences, will help Business Analysts and aspiring Business Analysts to understand:
• The different facets of Business Analysis
• The Knowledge Areas of Business Analysis
• Different techniques that can be used to elicit requirements and understand the bigger scheme of things
• Requirements Management
1. What is Business Analysis?
• Enterprise or Company Analysis
• Plan, Manage requirements
• Elicit requirements
• Analyze and document requirements
• Communicate requirements
• Assess and validate Solution
• Six Knowledge Areas
• Problem Solving
• Communication Skills
4. Business Analysis Techniques
• De Bono's Six Thinking Hats
• Five Why's
5. Roles that BAs play
• Systems Analyst
6. Stakeholder Analysis & Management
7. Requirements Management
• SMART requirements
8. Usability and User Acceptance
9. Requirements Traceability
10. Conclusion and Feedback
Our Consultant, has over 11 years of experience in the IT industry, with over 6 years of Project and Program Management leading projects for multi-national corporations across the globe. He comes from a Java/J2EE, Oracle background but has managed Java/J2EE, SAP, Oracle, Cognos projects/programs. He has worked in various domains like Telecom, Banking & etc.
As a Delivery Manager for his unit, Our Consultant had helped setup and tailor processes and methodologies for executing the projects in his program. He also participated in the strategic decision making in terms of growth and expansion plans of the unit.
He is currently responsible for the quality and delivery of projects in his program. He was previously employed with Infosys and few others.