"Effort Estimation for Testing in Agile Environment" course aims at providing in-depth knowledge of Effort Estimation for Testing based on Agile engineering practices. An unconventional method designed by Gopal himself. It is very simple and effective.
The course is designed and delivered by a professional having strong & deep experience in hard core software testing, under various development methodologies, situations and variety of Application types. Effort discussed here is both in terms of Time and Resources.
Aimed to let the participants understand the importance of Effort Estimation, explains how to estimate the effort based on a very simple method called "Test Case Method". The course discusses the need for estimation, advantages of Test case method of Estimation and disadvantages of working without estimating the effort.
After the course, you should be able to carry out realistic effort estimation for testing in your organization.
2. Understanding the basic architecture of the product
• Technical, screen level, browser level facilities being provided
• Understanding the factors affected by Operating systems, software and hardware environments supported
3. Understanding the Delivery Methodology
• Sprint level estimation, release level estimation and project level estimation
4. Understanding the Basic Features of a User Story
• The characteristics of Agile that drives the software development methodology
• Reading, review and complete understanding of the User story
• Identifying the functions and end user options available as per the User story
• Identifying the number of Integration test cases
5. Arriving at the Basic Factor to Estimate Effort
• Important step involved in arriving the Basic Factor to estimate
6. Estimating for various types of Testing Carried out
• Understanding the appropriate Strategy and Plan adopted for the Testing
• Estimation of various types of testing - functional, regression, defect verification, system testing, UI, Usability testing etc
7. Test Environment Preparation,Test Execution and Test Reporting
• Effort on documenting & review of the artifacts
• Effort on customer requested deliverables
• Estimation of effort on test environment setup, data bed setup,automation of test preparation, updating the tracking tools
• Estimation where automation is involved
• Generating and publishing various reports to the stake holders of the project/product
8. Working under Limitations
• Limitations on the project schedule\duration that restrict the effort
• Coping up on the shortage of time and resources
The Course is designed for experienced Software Testing Professionals like:
• Senior Test Engineers
• Test Leads
• Test Managers
Our Consultant,has 15 years of Functional and Leadership experience in Software Testing, specializing in Testing of Enterprise & Consumer Applications. He is a specialist in Testing Practice Setup, Test Delivery Management, Test Architecture, Training & Competency Development, Customer Solutions and Presales Consultancy
In couple of organizations where he was previously employed, Our consultant has played a pivotal role in setting up the QA Practice from the scratch to change the face of QA in the organization from 'no control' & 'unpredictable' situation to 'predictable', 'in control' and 'fully visible' status.
Our Consultantis an alumni of Microsoft, ThoughtWorks, Sonata Software, Perot Systems and a few others.