About the Course
The Quality of any product is determined by the efficiency with which the Testers verify & validate the application. The efficiency of the tester lies in the depth and coverage of the Test Cases being written. The www.jssinfotech.com's 'Agile Test Design' course aims at providing the knowledge of fundamentals of Software Test Design practice based on the necessities of the real world software engineering methodologies.
The course designed and delivered by professionals having strong & deep experience in hard core software testing, under various development methodologies, situations and variety of Application types
Practical exercises are part of the course to give you hands-on exposure to the practices advocated in the course.
The course deals with the intricacies of software test case designing - a realistic approach that helps the professional to optimize the time & effort and at the same achieve the Goal of Software testing. After the course, you should be able to improve the coverage of test cases and adopt a practical approach to Test review practice. After adapting these practices, the improved efficiency of the Testing Practices in your organization should be evident.
The test cases are to be designed keeping in view the end-user and production scenarios in totality.
Topics CoveredCourse Contents:
2. Basic test case writing method
• Test scenario method to write test cases - basic advantages
• Preparing to writing test cases
• The focus of the Tester while writing test cases
• Flagging Test cases - important information that are recorded along with Test cases - Traceability, Test case type, Importance of Test cases, etc.,
• Continuous Maintenance of the Test cases
• Ways and means to improve the test case coverage
• Myths & reality about different 'techniques' of Test case writing
• The importance of Documenting Test cases appropriately
• A case against Adhoc Testing (testing without test cases)
3. Identification of basic transaction flows
• Thinking from the end-user perspective
• Looking at positive & negative scenarios
• Technical feasibilities, limitations and challenges - how to put them as part of test cases
• Test scenarios and test cases
• Techniques that can be adopted to improve the coverage of test cases
• Templates used to record the test cases
• Other topics like, traceability, priority, assigning to various suites of test cases, etc
4. Maintenance of Test cases
• Changes to Requirements
• Impact Analysis of the changes
• Alterations to the test cases
• Updating the relevant test suits with altered test cases
Who should attendThe Course is designed for all Software Testing Professionals, who are already in the Testing profession or aiming to make a career in software Testing
What you need to bringNA