This is a two-day course (aligned with ScrumAlliance syllabus) in which you will apply the Scrum framework to build a new product. You will learn what it feels like to be on a Scrum team - experiencing many of the challenges you're likely to face - while being coached by someone involved with the application of Scrum at many organizations. This "learning by doing" style of instruction demands your open mind and active participation. An agile project manager emphasizes facilitation, leadership and communication over traditional command-and-control activities. In the Scrum framework, this role is called ScrumMaster as a constant reminder of the differences between agile and traditional project management. The ScrumMasters role is to maximize the teams efforts toward its goals while removing the impediments that stand in its way.
This course will cover the following topics (among others) through two days of interactive exercises, lecture, and discussion. SCRUM is a simple process skeleton and can help you plan your projects in parts. That will ensure that you will definitely have some deliverables at a given stage. This course has other benefits as mentioned in Workshop Overview section.
• Getting oriented
• Introduction of participants, work scenarios, knowing the expectations
• Introduction to Agile and Agile Manifesto, Scrum Origin
• Basic Scrum Engine
2. Scrum responsibilities-values
• Roles-Scrum, team Scrum Master, PO
• Team work,ways of working, working agreement
• Team dynamics, collaborate leadership
• Daily scrum
3. Roles of Scrum Master
• Sprint Planning, Execution, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives
• DOs and DONTs for Scrum Master
• Burndown charts,sprint backlog and project reporting
• Definition of DONE
• Technical Debt and other pitfalls
• Requirement analysis and estimation
• Estimation using Wideband delphi, planning poker
• Roadmap vs Release Plan
• Forming team structure and capacity
• Estimating Initial Velocity,Developing Initial Iteration Estimates,Getting feedback
• Scaling- Working with distributed teams
• Program managers
• Agile Project managers/Scrum masters
• Senior Programmers and Project Leaders
Our consultant carries behind him, 12 years of rich experience in IT, with a professional edge in the areas of end-to-end Product Development and Testing in OSS, Project delivery management, Requirement analysis and customer interactions, Project planning and Software estimation, Transformation Management and Team Leadership. He is well versed with both Waterfall and Agile flavours of the Software Life Cycle model.
Our consultant has plethora of experience in Product Development(Analysis, Design) &Testing, Architecture, Production / Application Support , People skills heading many teams and workgroups, Team building, Assessment and feedback, Best Practices, Productivity and continuous engagement ,Interaction with customers, managers and consultants, Resource and cost optimisation, SOW and WBS, Organising, Software estimation and project planning, Risk management and metrics, and Program Quality Assurance. He is a proactive and result-oriented leader with established record of success in leading corporate technology and management initiatives to deliver quality results in time.
Our consultant was previously employed with Nokia Siemens Networks. Coaching has also been his passion, apart from Management and has delivered trainings to teams within organisation on the subjects like GSM/SBC/EMS, COM, Agile related workshops and Soft Skills. Off late, he has been into consulting services in industry verticals like Banking &Finance, Telecom, Pharma/HealthCare.